Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DEF removal ir nor Case 580n

snowmanhat ยท 2023-12-21 07:53

Hi, new to this forum. I have a 580n and continue to have d e f codes and issues. Only about a thousand hours on machine. Is it typically recommended to remove the entire system or to fix? Most YouTube videos show removal and reprogramming the circuit board. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1Tyler d4c2023-12-21 08:03

    On this forum deleting of emission equipment is moreless not partaken in. The case experts I'm shore will help you resolve your issue I'm sure

  2. #2snowmanhat2023-12-21 08:44

    Thank you for your reply, the dealership is so expensive I was hoping to address myself. I'd like to keep the def system in place but need a better sense of managing it. I think I need to run it more often perhaps to keep the DEF fluid fresh or not park the tank facing the sun I've heard would help. All these things seem ridiculous just trying to eke out a profit on jobs and the faults continue to hamper my efforts.

  3. #3AllDodge2023-12-21 09:22

    DEF is one of those items that has a short shelf life. The hotter the place is the shorter the life. If you don't use the hoe much, then don't put much in the tank. If your stuff has been there a good while, drain and add new Buddy has a 2020 pickup and CTL both which use DEF. The pick up only has 6k miles so he doesn't use it much, same goes for the CTL. He will get one container when both get real low and split between them Good thing with DEF is it's liquid fertilizer. Pour it on something that could use it