Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deisal Fuel

algloria1 ยท 2021-07-05 09:31

Can anyone tell me if using Furnace Oil in a Case Loader will affect how it runs

Replies9
  1. #1Delmer2021-07-05 10:52

    Generally, it's the same fuel coming out of the same tank on the truck as red diesel, and that's usually from the same nozzle at the terminal as on road fuel, just red dye added. The other factor is if this is an old heating oil tank that has decades of sludge built up and you disturb that sludge. Is the oil new or ten years old itself? And is this a 60's Case loader, or a ten year old or newer Case loader?

  2. #2algloria12021-07-05 11:34

    The oil is fresh so should be okay. It is a 1973 Case 450 Crawler Loader.I am also having a hard time finding a replacement Rad.Anyone have any ideas.

  3. #3skata2021-07-05 13:37

    Look here https://www.machinerytrader.com/lis...uipment/dismantled-machines/manufacturer/case

  4. #4old-iron-habit2021-07-05 13:59

    It is still legal in most states to buy diesel fuel without all the additives in it for non highway use. Not all suppliers carry it but many do. The real fuel does not turn to **** in a year or so. Ask your distributor and use the non additive fuel in your seldom used equipment. The fuel will last 20 years without turning to crap although it will lose a bit of power. If you use your fuel up in a few months the new stuff with all the additives is fine.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-07-05 16:56

    Is there a reason your old radiator can't be re-cored ?

  6. #6Delmer2021-07-05 17:36

    or repaired?

  7. #7algloria12021-07-05 18:20

    Thanks guys.I am in Ontario Canada so the MachineryTrader

  8. #8algloria12021-07-05 18:20
  9. #9algloria12021-07-05 18:21

    I have not tried yet.But I guess I may have to if I cannot find a replacement Rad