Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deleting the DPF, 2022 KW X15 605/2050

Hallback ยท 2022-04-02 14:47

Has anyone here successfully done this? I need to get rid of the DPF as I need to add a second fuel tank to my truck. It is just a local truck but there are many days while where I will burn 160 gallons of fuel. What all would this entail and no, I am not worried about the warranty as it will be up in July anyway.

Replies8
  1. #1cuttin edge2022-04-03 16:10

    No one would do that kind of thing on here officer

  2. #2Shimmy12022-04-03 18:09

    I'll PM you with a couple of outfits that might be of help. You might need to go on a road trip however. Personal conveyance will get you around.

  3. #3crane operator2022-04-03 19:04

    Isn't there a border north of washington that leads to a land flowing with milk and honey? Where the skies are still blue and there are rushing clear mountain streams, all without the protection of un named alphabet agencies? Where a simple man can adjust his vehicle for closed course off road racing research only?

  4. #4cuttin edge2022-04-03 21:10

    Yeah but you have to speak French

  5. #5suladas2022-04-03 23:09

    I don't know about all that other stuff, but you can absolutely tune your truck for off-road use only here. I also hear because of our terrible roads, a lot of times the DPF's fall off themselves, I know mine did.

  6. #6crane operator2022-04-04 08:31

    Ha- I learned all my french from pepe le pew- I'm good to go!

  7. #7cuttin edge2022-04-04 12:07

    I heard once about a company that once the warranty was done on the engine, they had trucks and equipment reprogramed, and bypassed things in a manner that looked legit from the outside.

  8. #8cuttin edge2022-04-04 14:29

    Pepe was Paris French. Quebec French is different. Then if you come to New Brunswick. There is Acadian French, but that is broken into Tracadie French, Neguac French, Baie St Anne French Rogersville French. Every little community has it's own dialect. I work with a fella that speaks Baie St Anne French. and people in the community of Rogersville, less than an hour away can't understand a word he says.