Anybody know anything, good or bad, about Delmag compactors. I'm in the market for either a jumping jack type or a plate compactor and ran across a very affordable, but old, Delmag compactor. Owner says it uses 2 cycle gas to fire a large piston up and down for compaction force. I did some searching but couldn't find anything except that they build big pile drivers. Thanks guys John P S Wasn't sure exactly where to put this so if it's in the wrong place Moderators please move it. Thanks
I haven't ever actually owned one, but they have been in business for a very long time (since 1922), so I would expect them to maintain some level of respectable quality to survive The Great Depression and other bad economic times. I would think that it would really come down to the condition of the particular machine that you are considering purchasing.. Do you think he will let demonstrate that it is in running condition? Then you could get a better idea of what shape it is in. Hope that helps, Tyler