I've read articles before about demo contractors demo'ing the wrong house, how much does this happen? http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/354589/contractor_knocks_down_wrong_house.html
Wow - that contractor did a nice neat job. Looked like everything was sorted and swept. I wonder how much he charged that guy? :roll
That a big woops!!!!
He wasn't as upset as I would have been.
Only in Georgia will something like that happen, i'm not shocked at all
The GPS told me to do it.:cool2 Two tips for a successful demo job- 1. Walk the job with the owner before giving estimate, for obvious reasons. 2. If the owner is not on site on demo day, make one last phone call after the walk through to verify "This is still a go".
Wonder what the insurance company will say to this?
i know when we use to demo houses we would go through and scrap everything there was...pipe and what not i guess they didn't care to do it...because walking through a house full of furniture and odds and ends might have tipped them off...or maybe the locked doors and windows i don't think it was an accident...possibly a cover up for something...i just dont see how something like this could have been accidental
I love (hate) how people in the media describe heavy equipment. A Deere 200C Excavator is NOT a 'bulldozer in the yard'..IDIOTS!!
I almost did demo the wrong house. I was given the address by our owner our helpers and the lowboy where fallowing me. We got there I called the drop lines hadn't been cut and the gas meter was still there. The boss said thats the right one take care of it. This had happened before we cut the drops and tune off the gas and remove the meter. I bust in the door the house was empty, but there where a odd things there a ok looking latter and some other stuff. I was unloading my hoe and signing the drivers ticket when the owner pulled up and said "I don't think this is the right house". *** he said he would take care of it but he was a little shady. For the next several weeks I was waiting on a visit from the cops.
This happened in Chicago just a few years ago. As I recall the house was in a suburb and not very old. A family was living in the house but nobody home during the day. When they got home house was leveled and hauled away. The demo contractor must have figured it out as they were long gone with all their equipment. A "bedroom" subdivision with hardly anyone around in the daytime and nobody got the names off the trucks. As far as I know they never found out who did it and nobody fessed up.
In my best Nelson from the Simpsons voice..All I can say to the fellas that did that.. Hahhhh Hahhhh.... sucks being stupid but it sucks worse when you get to pay a man for being stupid.
That was my thought.:beatsme
I guarantee the home owners insurance policy wouldn't cover it. I mean if you have to have special coverage for flooding, what about accidentidal demolition? If its a small outfit with rented equipment, you may never see a dime and have to start all over (with your own money). Uhh, I can't even imagine.... ointhead
I guess I was thinking about the contractors insurance policy. Definitely something I wouldn't want to have to go through.
I bet there is a cap, say 100K, and you demo'd a 250K house, then what? Like I said if you have a small contractor with rented iron, theres no assets to go after. Sounds like a headache all the way through.
The guy seemed too cool about it. I would have went crazy!
Yesterday, I was served notice that they were going to paint house numbers on the curb in front of our house without our permission then bill us later for $8. I went ballistic. This guy looses his whole house and remains calm and collected? He must be either really sick or a big weenie.