Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Demo of a spillway

bigcatpip ยท 2008-09-27 20:14

job I did last winter

Replies16
  1. #1bigcatpip2008-09-27 20:16

    135ft drop on side and 90ft of water on the other.

  2. #2bigcatpip2008-09-27 20:19
  3. #3bigcatpip2008-09-27 20:35

    we did have a 345ME with a hammer and multi-processor up their. To take care of the I-beam bridge that ran across the spillway. With that 345 you only had about 1 ft on each side. Plus with the ME style of tracks it sits higher so it could clear the railing when it would swing.

  4. #4hammerdwn202008-09-28 09:34

    looks scary to me!

  5. #5bigcatpip2008-09-28 15:39

    no worries I had my seat belt on for safety.

  6. #6Squizzy246B2008-09-28 19:35

    I'm thinking a parachute would have been more appropriate

  7. #7Dirtman20072008-09-28 20:21

    And a lifejacket it you fall off the other side!

  8. #8bigcatpip2008-09-28 20:42

    Here are some more.

  9. #9JimBruce422008-09-28 21:04

    Some nice looking photos there man, got any of the 345? Which one was it? #3411?

  10. #10JimBruce422008-09-28 21:07

    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was made to wear both. LOL. :usa

  11. #1195zIV2008-09-28 21:21

    And the scuba tank

  12. #12bigcatpip2008-09-29 17:07

    lifevest and hardness when outside of machine

  13. #13hammerdwn202008-09-29 17:12

    our komatsu at work doesnt have a seatbelt but its so cramped in there i dont think ill fall out

  14. #14dirt digger2008-09-29 17:46

    where was this job? looks like an AAM truck down at the bottom

  15. #15JimBruce422008-09-29 18:03

    Not to steal bigcat's thunder, but I believe it is the Hoopes Resevoir and dam in Delaware. As far as seat belts, at Myers the rule is: if the seat belt doesn't work, the machine doesn't move:ban

  16. #16bigcatpip2008-10-11 10:01

    some more pic I dug up.