Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Demolition excavator with shear and operator, rental rate per day?

ichudov ยท 2015-08-13 18:10

A company wants me to quote a price on demolition and removal of a huge conveyor system. This system is about 30,000 square feet, and consists of various large conveyors, shakers etc, supported on a network of I-beams. Additionally there are ladders, stairs, catwalks, piping, and so on. Height is generally around 30 feet. I was hoping that I could rent a demolition excavator with a shear, and experienced operator. We can do everything on the ground (torching, loading trucks), as well as some torching on top where necessary -- but I was hoping that a good excavator with operator can dismantle most of this structure. It would seem to be more safe and efficient than having people up there torching. My question is, can I rent something like this, like renting a crane with operator but instead of a crane it is a demo excavator. If so, how much should I expect to pay. Thanks guys!

Replies3
  1. #1FSERVICE2015-08-13 22:10

    the price depends on size of ex, rent for week will come out better for you than by the day.

  2. #2ichudov2015-08-13 22:54

    OK, with ax ex good for 30 ft off the ground? I will need it for 1-2 weeks.

  3. #3Diesel Dan 922015-08-24 00:54

    Probably $1,500 a day?