Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Demolition excavator with shear and operator, rental rate per day?

ichudov ยท 2015-08-13 22:02

A company wants me to quote a price on demolition and removal of a huge conveyor system. This system is about 30,000 square feet, and consists of various large conveyors, shakers etc, supported on a network of I-beams. Additionally there are ladders, stairs, catwalks, piping, and so on. Height is generally around 30 feet. I was hoping that I could rent a demolition excavator with a shear, and experienced operator. We can do everything on the ground (torching, loading trucks), as well as some torching on top where necessary -- but I was hoping that a good excavator with operator can dismantle most of this structure. It would seem to be more safe and efficient than having people up there torching. My question is, can I rent something like this, like renting a crane with operator but instead of a crane it is a demo excavator. If so, how much should I expect to pay. Thanks guys!

Replies3
  1. #1Ozz2015-08-14 21:03

    What I'm thinking is that you need to hire them as a subcontractor. 30 feet means a big hoe with a third member shear. Which is not going to be inexpensive. What are you calling a day? 8 hours? 10 hours? 12 hours?

  2. #2Desertwheeler2015-08-14 23:33

    You might be able to get away with a 345 size with a regular shear not a third member. Where are you located?

  3. #3ichudov2015-08-15 07:53

    Chicago