Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Demolition OF a Komatsu D75S

Demoguy324 ยท 2008-01-04 23:57

Here are a few pictures taken about a year ago at my last job. A Komatsu D75S track loader showed up on site one day, missing the engine and transmission. somehow the owner of the company worked out a deal with the Volvo Dealership that we'd take the machine off their hands in exchange for something or other. the machine sat on site behind a pile of concrete for about 2 months, occasionally getting shoved out of the way. So early on a saturday morning, A sad day indeed, the old Komatsu D75S track loader was brought to the shearing site to be cut up as scrap. though I'm sure the machine had seen more than it's fair share of demo work, it was still unsettling to see. The Executioners prepare at first light: the condemned gets escorted to the chair. Dead man walking Prepping for decapitation. Beheaded, now an attempt at removing the hands and feet To be continued...

Replies19
  1. #1Demoguy3242008-01-05 00:00

    The head's mine to deal with Tougher convict than they thought, pass it to the big gun. A shallow grave Exhumed...RIP Sorry for the blurry pictures, my hands were shaking a bit... Eric

  2. #2INSTRUCTOR WAR2008-01-05 00:09

    Canniballs!!

  3. #3Cat4202008-01-05 00:09

    Good pictures. Must have been a very sad day. I don't think I could have done it

  4. #4Eric2008-01-05 00:53

    Your work looks so interesting and fun. I'd love to give that a shot some day.

  5. #5jughead2008-01-05 05:38

    d75s sure would have loved to had that thing sitting on my back 40. who knows what i could have used on mine in the future:Banghead

  6. #6Underdog2008-01-05 19:48

    Sure looks like the old girl put up a fight. I don't think the shear could cut off the lift arms , they still look intact.

  7. #7Wolf2008-02-20 17:47

    Not too often you see the demoliiton of a wrecking machine. Pretty cool.

  8. #8Sparffo2008-03-24 07:29

    R.I.P komatsu! The bucket looked good, strange that the old owner didn't keep it... at least it would have higher resale value than scrap!

  9. #9Turbo218352008-03-24 08:21

    Actually that machine came to us from a local dealer. It had no engine or transmission. In fact, the story I heard was we bought it from the dealer as a favor. Paid for it by the pound, thats why we cut it up for scrap. Its days as a production machine had long since passed.

  10. #10komat752010-04-26 09:29

    These pictures are hard for me to look at given that I still have a D75S-2 and I'm looking for parts!! If there's anyone out there especially 'DownUnder' who knows of any of these machines around I'd like to hear from them - Urgently.

  11. #11cbanuva2010-05-05 07:20

    Re: Good Images. Thanks for sharing with us..

  12. #12daman2010-05-05 08:15

    Would have been a good parts machine no? what a waist....

  13. #13FSERVICE2010-05-06 21:23

    demo do you work for MCM management corp? they are demoing near me now

  14. #14Turbo218352010-05-07 12:21

    FService, What is MCM Management wrecking in your area? I used to work for them, and surprised that they are still in the wrecking business. They left 3 large demo projects in Lansing Mi uncompleted.

  15. #15FSERVICE2010-05-07 23:19

    turbo MCM is demoing the Marble hill nucelar power plant that was never started up they have a crew here now do you know Jimmy Grover?

  16. #16Turbo218352010-05-11 06:42

    Yes, I know Jimmy "cousin" Grover. I take it he is running the Marble Hill job? If your looking for work, may i suggest you do not quit any jobs to go to work for MCM. They will use you for a while, or at least until the "core group" is needing your machine to stay busy. Jimmy Still running around in the blue goose, or did he switch over to a cat?

  17. #17FSERVICE2010-05-11 22:21

    i have not seen the "blue goose" he has switched to a cat i am self employed no need to go to work for them (i run a plumbing bussiness here) just winterize the shop/office for winter like to see the "BIG IRON" working the have 4 375s, 1 980, 1 330, 1 245, OLD northwest crane, bobcat they also brought from Ohio a atlas copco hammer (supose to be the biggest in the world) sorry no pics yet i will try the next time i am there. i heard through the grape vine that this crew is to leave and go to ST Louis to do a job there do you also know"Calin" the mechanic

  18. #18powerjoke2010-06-27 15:23

    thanks for sharing the pics with us.

  19. #19ke6gwf2010-11-19 23:55

    I see that cats eat Komatsu Draggins when they need a snack.