Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Detroit 4-71 needs new manifold

saltry ยท 2010-01-31 13:20

We have an old Terex 72-30 that needs a new exhaust manifold. The only manifolds I can find are for wet exhaust (boats). If anyone know where I can get one it would be appreciated. Detroit 4-71 with center riser. I can take a picture if needed. Thanks Dave K

Replies4
  1. #1willie592010-01-31 13:56

    You should be able to find something on the internet. I stumbled onto this one. http://www.rctpinc.com/exhaust_manifolds.htm

  2. #2Lashlander2010-01-31 16:28

    Have you tried Detroit Diesel in Anchorage? I'm not sure about your loader but a lot of the old Terex used Detroit exhaust manifolds and the number in the parts book was actually Detroits part number for that model. If that doesn't work you can start checking for equipment dismantle companies like the link below. http://www.partsun-ltd.com/terex.asp

  3. #3saltry2010-01-31 19:45

    Thanks for the responses guys. Funny to get one from the same remote location I am at. Lashlander you may know this machine if you worked for Lash. It is the 72-30 they used to own. We are using it on the fairgrounds. It does have the detroit 4-71 in it. I'll check in Anchorage with Detroit diesel. I would have thought we could find a used one on ebay or another cheap source but all I see is marine. I did see the source that ATCOEQUIP mentioned and thanks for that. I guess I would have to contact them for a specific quote. I will likely check at Nicks fine parts emporium in the flats this week. Lashlander if you are still connected with Lash I would like to contact you again. Thanks guys Dave

  4. #4Willis Bushogin2010-01-31 21:01

    manifold I have one I bought for a machine and the guy never came back to pay for it. I paid $200 for it, I bought new gaskets also. Im afraid that the freight would kill you