Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deutsch CONNECTER

Tyler d4c · 2019-09-22 22:33

I need to connect 4 pairs of ten gauge wire together on a harness that some murdered. I for the life of me cant find the right connector. Ant help is appreciated.

Replies12
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-09-22 22:55

    https://deutschconnectorstore.com/dt-connector-basics/ Maybe this will help, good luck.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2019-09-22 23:24

    Ebay has a lot of common Deutsch connector sizes real reasonable

  3. #3Nige2019-09-23 05:12

    If putting a connector in that location would make things a bit "clunky" you could also use Deutsch single wire splices. Not sure about the Deutsch Part Number but the Cat P/N is 115-8109. Then for each broken wire you would need the appropriate Deutsch pin & socket. For 10 SWG that would be 127-1767 & 127-1768 although they are really only design for 14 SWG wire you'd probably squeeze 10 SWG into them.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2019-09-23 20:06

    That's what I bought off ebay will see if it works thanks for the help.

  5. #5Nige2019-09-24 05:14

    I am assuming that you have the $250 Deutsch crimp tool..? EDIT: Apparently non-genuine ones are now available for $160 from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/connectors-t...P6/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=

  6. #6Cmark2019-09-24 05:27

    The sort of things have been available here in Godzone for ages for well under $100AU. I assumed everyone else could buy them? Not true?

  7. #7Nige2019-09-24 05:39

    The small difference is between "could buy" and "have bought" ………… And FWIW I agree with you.

  8. #8Tyler d4c2019-09-24 06:06

    I got a cheap o model off line it works for the small pins we will see it it works with the bigger ones.

  9. #9Nige2019-09-24 06:07

    The pins/sockets for Deutsch DT-series connectors are all the same physical size. The only thing that changes between the pin s/sockets for the different wire gauges is the inside diameter of the hole that the wire fits into.

  10. #10kshansen2019-09-24 09:02

    Those look like the set I bought back a few years ago, they seemed to work good.

  11. #11Nige2019-09-24 09:54

    Looking more closely at Cmark's link that appears to be a non-adjustable Deutsch pin/socket crimping tool for 16SWG wire which is obviously the most commonly used size of automotive cable that you come across. The genuine article is adjustable for anything between 14 & 18 SWG and with a bit of care can also crimp wire sizes both larges or smaller than that.

  12. #12Cmark2019-09-24 16:57

    Correct. But in practise the 16 and 18 AWG DT sockets are the same part and it also works fine with the 14 AWG sockets. What it won't do (in the context of our industry) is the larger terminals in CE connectors.