Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deutz 6806 D PTO

landgreen ยท 2009-12-24 09:11

Hi everyone. New to the site. While I don't own any heavy equipment, I'm trying to help my Uncle with his Deutz 6806 D. It's an early seventies model. The PTO clutch needs replacing. He's having a problem removing the throwout bearing. Is there some special trick to getting this off? Any input would be appreciated. Or if someone knows of a qualified mechanic let me know. Looking for a service manual as well. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1Casepoclain2009-12-27 22:06

    I've had several Deutz tractors, they are great, until you need parts. I've never been that deep into one. Try Dr. Deutz, just Google that name, he's very helpful, Steve Kramer in MI 810-376-4731, is also very helpful. They used to be dealers with full service shops. Good luck!

  2. #2landgreen2009-12-28 10:31

    Great. Thanks for the help. I'll pass the info to my Uncle.

  3. #3landgreen2009-12-29 18:06

    After talking to Steve, my Uncle has the bearing off and has ordered a new one from him. Thanks again for the help.

  4. #4Casepoclain2009-12-29 18:42

    Glad to hear he got it out... I knew Steve could help you. I had lost my Paps tractor a D130 06 after his death (2002), it was sold. I just found it about a week ago being rebuilt for resale, and I'm buying it back!!! I'm so excited. Randy