Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deutz F3L1011 idling/reving problem

ernstZA ยท 2013-05-21 13:32

Hi Everyone Having a problem with a Deutz F3L 1011 engine on a JLG 500RTS. The engine will battle to start and it will sound like it is running on two pistons only(very rough) then after about 20-30sec it will smoothly as if nothing is wrong.:beatsme Any ideas were I could look and scratch, the push rod that open/close the individual fuel pumps doesn't look bend(i believe a coming thing) i do get fuel at all pumps and towards the injectors. Also if any one could help me find a workshop manual on these engines it will be appreciated, I have contacted our local Deutz dealers and they are plainly said useless, they can only sell parts.Ask them to assist with this engine no one knows anything about them. I have 8 of these motors to look after now as they are common in the Access Platforms Genie or JLG we use. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1ernstZA2013-05-23 13:53

    not to worry, got this one sorted. It was the shimming on the individual fuel pumps which was incorrect.