Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deutz F6L912: unknown fuel/intake-manifold sensing/connection

towbar ยท 2024-03-02 14:17

On the left of the picture is a plug in the intake manifold which looks like it has an electrical connection stud on it but is also posdsibly thermal or baropmetric in nature. I simply don't know. That line is connected to what looks like a solenoid on the bulkhead, the other port is connected to the injection pump overflow 'fitting', probably the always-open part of the valve. I'm keeping this system IF it is useful, otherwise it comes off like the fan-clutch in my other posting today. And just like with the other posting, if I had the manual that would help a lot, but I don't.

Replies2
  1. #1djordje12024-03-02 14:22

    Looks like it is intake glow-flame plug

  2. #2towbar2024-03-02 17:44

    That was quick, no more mystery! Never heard of those but looked it up and there's the exact replacement piece in milions of copies. Thanks. Actually, this reminds me of a new type of search I can try, an image search, in this case it probably would have worked. Not sure if I'll keep it though.