I hope it's okay I posted this ad promoting our trenching technology! I thought you guys might get a kick out of it- it's the biggest trencher DeWind has ever built (we have a fleet of these custom built trenching machines) and we are very proud of this one. " This is a game changer " - Becky DeWind, co-owner of DeWind One-Pass Trenching View attachment DeWind MT3500 - Largest Deep One-Pass Trencher in the World.pdf
That is a very interesting machine. Can you share some details about it?
Id love to see some of the workings under the skins...
Very impressive, but what does one do with a 125' deep trench? I am not being facetious, I just can't imagine that there are many areas where the walls would stand up, and even if they did, for what purpose? Grouting in with lean concrete perhaps?
Yair . . . I was curious too Oxbow . I couldn't get the DeWind website up but some detail here . . . http://www.deeptrenching.com/index.php I think I have heard of the cut off trench's being used to keep water out of brown coal deposits in Europe. Cheers.
Good Morning, I am not the right person to discuss the technicalities of our One-Pass Trenching machines, I am just sharing an update. The inner workings of our trenchers can't be shared, as it's proprietary information. ... strange, our web-site should be working fine: www.dewindonepasstrenching.com These deep in-situ mixed cutoff walls (soil-bentonite / soil-cement-bentonite) are installed for dam and levee remediation - to cutoff seepage without on open excavation. There are other applications as well - deep containment walls to cutoff contaminated groundwater seepage. DeWind One-Pass Trenching Advantages: - In-Situ Mixed Walls - No Open Excavation - Fast Installations... up to 5x conventional rate - No Messy Mixing Ponds - Trencher Fits on Tight Sites/Narrow Platforms (less site prep / grading - degrading) - Complete Homogenized Wall Top to Bottom - Competitive Pricing - Walls up to about 125' Deep Here is a reference for a recent soil-cement-bentonite cutoff wall DeWind completed at the Lake Tyler Dam in TX; https://youtu.be/ilP3WQSuR2k • Animation: Soil-Bentonite & Cement Bentonite Cutoff Walls: www.koibeach.com/Dewind_slurry
Ah, the youtube video has made it all clear to me. Thanks
We do much more than just installing cutoff walls with our Deep One-Pass Trenchers: These are extremely versatile machines, with many installation applications for both civil and environmental projects; • Soil-Bentonite / Soil-Cement-Bentonite Walls up to 120+ feet deep • Groundwater & Product Recovery Trenches up to 40 - 45 feet deep • Permeable Reactive Barriers / ZVI Walls up to 40 - 45 feet deep • Vapor Extraction & Injection Trenches • Funnel & Gate Systems • Leachate Collection Systems • Erosion Control Systems for Slope and Tailings Stability • Relief Trenches • HDPE Barrier Walls • Large Volume Horizontal Irrigation Systems • Underground Alluvial Water Storage Reservoirs • Dewatering ...and more These are groundwater collection trench being installed; sump, pipe & backfill installed in a single pass, no open excavation -
Great! I am glad the youtube video helped. Steve does an amazing job highlighting the advantages of using DeWind for cutoff walls on dam / levee projects.
VIDEO: DeWind One-Pass Trencher in Action! VIDEO: See DeWind One-Pass Trencher Install a Soil-Bentonite Cutoff Wall (Mix-in-Place Method) : "https://lnkd.in/eDWed5j"]https://lnkd.in/eDWed5j [/SIZE]
VIDEO: DeWind One-Pass Trencher in Action!: VIDEO: See DeWind One-Pass Trencher Install Soil-Bentonite Cutoff Wall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owCQjl-NW9E[/SIZE]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owCQjl-NW9E This link will work, I was trying to make the link large and that did not go well. Sorry about that.