Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

diagnostic tech question – dpa 5 adaptor

ptydafwl ยท 2014-01-31 09:33

Hi all, Im a diesel mechanic down in australia, working for a kenworth and volvo construction equipment dealership, who are also cummins agents. now comes to the question.. I need first hand feedback on the dpa 5 adaptor ( dearborn protocol adaptor. Here's the link? http://www.dgtech.com/product/dpa5/dpa5.php Im looking to purchase one as we service and repair a wide variety of trucks. What do you all think of it? Connectivity etc, ease of use and speed?

Replies2
  1. #1ptydafwl2014-02-01 05:31

    Anyone at all? I really dont want to spend the $800 if it wont connect half the time and is pita to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated

  2. #2kevinc16502014-02-03 17:21

    I got the DPA 5 thru pocketfleet.com It works really good and all the different types of equipment that we work on. I never used the software that came from Dearborn because you can spend the extra and get alot info with the pocketfleet.