Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diagnostic tools

Ivan_1981 · 2024-03-20 18:07

Hi everyone! I recently came to the United States. I'm looking for diagnostic tools to start my own business. Tools connecting with john deere equipment or just with engines is more preferably for me. If diag tools will be contain more wide equipment line, i'll be happy). At the OBDII.SHOP website offers John Deere service advisor. Is it legal in the United States?

Replies7
  1. #1ozarkag2024-03-20 21:14

    Deere "should" sell you Service Advisor, be interesting to know their current stance with right to repair. Any Service Advisor from anywhere else will be hacked/ black market. Jaltest by Cojali does pretty good for a non oem software.

  2. #2Vetech632024-03-21 08:17

    Let's see what @Junkyard has to say about his experience with this.

  3. #3Mike L2024-03-21 20:48

    Service advisor isn’t hard to get. Plenty of guys on fake book can accommodate you.

  4. #4Birken Vogt2024-03-22 11:01

    How about the adapter from the computer to the machine plug?

  5. #5Mike L2024-03-22 12:06

    I’ve heard the ELD is tough to find these days but I don’t need one so I don’t know.

  6. #6excavator2024-03-23 12:57

    Deere will sell EDL to anyone, unless you happen to have a dealer who has an attitude. I bought one through the ag dealer.

  7. #7Junkyard2024-03-23 13:29

    I have a laptop with Jaltest. I’ve used it on Deere, Komatsu and Cat. So far it’s done what I needed as far as reading and clearing codes. I’ve also used it on quite a few trucks and with the higher level access I can do turbo actuator calibrations and the like. I have truck, construction and ag coverage. I have not used ag yet. Having used ET with Cat stuff I’ll say it’s not as good but for a one stop shop it’s been worth the $. If I did a lot of Cat or Deere I’d have their software. Same for Cummins. At some point I can see having Jaltest, ET, Insite, Allison and a couple other proprietary programs but dang it would be spendy!