Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Did i have to much time on my hands

steve loving ยท 2011-07-09 18:36

Here is a tool i made to adjust screw and lock on cat rocker arms when adjusting valves. It would be very easy to make this tool with a variable torque setting with loaded detents lik preset torque limiters for shafts. It wouldnt change the size could i sell them.

Replies9
  1. #1tctractors2011-07-10 02:43

    Steve that is sort of "showing off", I dont think I even have the correct spanner for the lock nut??, you have this work of art to pull out of the tool box.

  2. #2steve loving2011-07-10 10:04

    Tc i was outside in the rain pushing a sproket on a d41a kom and starting raining and i was looking for an excuse to play in the shop.

  3. #3ScottAR2011-07-10 14:37

    Looks great! I'd wager one of the specialty tool makers would jump on it. Might try OTC or http://www.dieselenginetools.com/ Probably want some sort of legal contract drawn up before you pull it out of your pocket. Consult a shark...er lawyer...

  4. #4blademan1502011-07-10 15:14

    Steve, I've had this tool for as long as I can remember, I will say yours is better looking though.

  5. #5steve loving2011-07-10 15:33

    Thats neat i knew they had them for newer cars there on ebay. Wonder how old yours is. id hang onto that.

  6. #6PROBIKE1012011-07-11 22:20

    been used in drag racing for years makes life better

  7. #7steve loving2011-07-12 00:07

    that flushed my million probike hea with your screenname and talking bout dragracing ever heard about puppet at racevisions. He past away recently but he was the zen of drag bikes. I didnt know him personally but mike at mikebosracecars.com did and mike has an ol 955 i work on for him sometimes. Steve

  8. #8PROBIKE1012011-07-12 08:34

    puppet use to build all the top fuel harleys, almost all the top fuelers are in some way modeled after his original designs.

  9. #9rare ss2011-07-12 08:48

    Snap on made a variant of that, my father in-law has one, i tryed to buy one awhile back but they are NLA and the newer design is abit sh%t, missed out on one which i spotted on ebay recently too