This engine is installed in a Ford 650 truck, the priming pump electrical circuit its not getting the voltage for the pump it's like 7.2 volts for this pumps that really need to get 12V , but ok I jump the pump with one wire and run good but I don't have acceleration on the pedal and now starts and after two atemtps to accel stops, help with this one. Please the engine is electrónic
Those VP44 injection pumps are somewhat notorious for failures due to lift pumps failing and nobody knowing it. In dodge applications they throw certain codes, don’t recall what it is, which is 99 out of a 100 times a failing injection pump. I have seen dodges throw the code but it end up being a ground issue so you might check all the wiring. If the lift pump is crapping out it’ll often put some sparkly crap in the fuel filter. There’s nothin fancy about the lift pump, if it’s the same on there as it is a dodge it’s a Carter pump.
The connector at the pump is a known problem. Also, the pump operates in two modes. It’s a PWM signal direct from the ECM. During cranking, it operates at 25% duty cycle. Which may explain the 7.2 volts you are seeing. After the engine starts, the circuit goes to 100% duty cycle. So, about 12 volts.
Now the engine starts with no wire jumped on the lift pump, the circuit is working good now, as Coaldust says working with duty cycle, well now the engine starts and run for 10 seconds and then shut off suden, the scanner says that has something to do with acceleration pedal, I measured the voltage while starting engine and I see the voltage goes up like 8 then drop to 6 then 4.9v and engine stops.
I don’t believe that model has the VP44 injection pump. It is likely a common rail.
It is a common rail engine.
I’ve ran into this before with Cummins where a weird electrical problem appears move around and one thing after another. The first thing that’s always recommended by Cummins is to check to make sure the latest software update is loaded in the ECM. That cures a lot of problems. But, doesn’t look like you have Insite. If it was my project, I would probably go through the troubleshooting tree for the APPS, next. Maybe get lucky.