Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Did we get enough life out of these pads?

BDFT ยท 2016-04-15 22:47

The mine I work at runs things to destruction. The only traction this Cat has is from the bolt heads. D10T.

Replies9
  1. #1Bumpsteer2016-04-15 23:21

    Reminds me of my favorite chinese guy......Ho Le Phuck. Ed

  2. #2Shimmy12016-04-16 00:03

    Hope it's dry there...

  3. #3CDUB2016-04-16 00:10

    Looks like a comfy track to sit on while working on the machine.

  4. #4Dr. Ernie2016-04-16 00:47

    That my friends is the optional turf pad....

  5. #5lantraxco2016-04-16 01:31

    Saw a Fat Allis in a landfill once pushing garbage. I was working on a loader nearby and noticed a really odd racket coming from the machine every time he changed direction. He finally backed out of the hole up close to me and I could see the sprockets were worn down to the point there were no teeth at all just some ripples really. When he started to go forward again it sounded like a ratchet, dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit, decel pedal, dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit, decel pedal, dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit,dit, and then it would kinda start moving and he would skim a couple inches with the blade. From the look on his face it mighta been his last day, LOL. I always wondered what the finals looked like inside.

  6. #6BDFT2016-04-16 13:11

    I ran a D8R with new undercarriage the next day and it could push more than that D10.

  7. #7BDFT2016-04-16 13:13

    Its not. They got it stuck the next day in a few feet of mud and now its sitting in front of the shop waiting for new rails and pads.

  8. #8hurberries_ah2016-04-18 17:56

    Geeze - I'd say they're definitely past their "warrantied" life. I bet the guys doing the swap are happy that they ordered new rails to go with the pads. Bolt removal would probably suck on those.

  9. #9JDOFMEMI2016-04-26 00:28

    Looks a lot like the last set on my D-8T It was a runout, and just getting all the hours I could trying to afford the new gear. As long as it will still do the job needed, it is all good. Just use enough common sense not to get in mud or slope work when they are worn like that.