Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diecast Construction Models

Dirtman2007 · 2007-10-19 17:45

As I love operating heavy equipment, I enjoy collecting diecast excavator models. Anyone else have any diecast models of construction equipment?

Replies160
  1. #1Journey2007-10-19 17:48

    That's pretty cool. Don't suppose they have die-cast of the mini's? Father in law might like a die-cast of his PC50 for Christmas.

  2. #2Dirtman20072007-10-19 17:50

    My Pride and joy. The Bucyrus 495HR mining done in 1:50 scale. 1 of only 1500 made. If there are any models anyone wants to see up close I will be glad to take individual pictures.

  3. #3CM19952007-10-19 19:41

    Awsome!:thumbsup My collection is not as big - embarrasing compared to yours actually. I really like the Kobelco with the hydraulic thumb. Where do you get your models from? Journey - theres a bobcat mini in there.

  4. #4Dirtman20072007-10-19 19:48

    I bought most of my models off of eBay. I got the thumb from a custom model builder and put it on myself. I Have bought a few customs that are not produced by any model companies. I have one model builder building me a custom Link-belt 210 long boom excavator in 1:50 scale!

  5. #5jimmyjack2007-10-19 20:40

    dont take this the wrong way, but you must be single just busting balls but nice collection

  6. #6Dirtman20072007-10-19 20:58

    :yup I have to spend my money while I have it

  7. #7EZ TRBO2007-10-19 22:32

    Very nice collection, only just started with construction die-cast, have a ton of #3, #8 and #29 NASCAR cars. Working on trying to get some equipment I have run as well as things we have owned in early years. Trbo

  8. #8DaveVB2007-10-20 10:51

    Dhsdiecast.com would be a good place to start. They also have a forum for collectors and operators. Good stuff there.

  9. #9biggixxerjim2007-10-20 12:59

    lets see some more of those older case models..... those really bring back memories of being a kid...

  10. #10Construct'O2007-10-20 22:05

    Next question ,who does the dusting???? Nice shelfs,but i would consider getting inclosed glass shelfs easier to dust.Find some old antique show cases like they use to have in the candy stores. That way your have two collections going:drinkup Good luck and nice collection!!!!!!:usa

  11. #11surfer-joe2007-10-20 23:45

    I have 40 to 50 models that I have collected by hook or crook over the last 40 years. Don't have the nice display shelves like yours yet, but I'm working on it. I've bought some off ebay, some from DHS or Buffalo Road Imports and some from other on-line sites. I currently have several kits to put together when I've nothing better to do, one is a rare plastic Michigan scraper that I bought from some guy in Switzerland. I have two or three of the AMC D8H kits, one is complete. Don't buy so much off ebay these days as some of those guys jump in way early and run the price way over what it ought to be. Sometimes buying the same item direct from other on-line sellers is far cheaper. DHS has a nice page devoted to buyers and sellers of models, there are some good bargains there -- sometimes.

  12. #12coopers2007-10-21 02:11

    I really want the case 580M backhoe 1:16 scale. I can't wait to get it, it looks awesome! I also like the deere 544j loader 1:16 scale. Blake WA

  13. #13Dirtman20072007-10-21 18:19

    Here are a few pics of the case excavator models i have

  14. #14Truckie2007-10-22 19:49

    WOW damn nice collection.:drinkup I got to get mine started. Cant wait to see that Link Belt you are getting built.

  15. #15Dirtman20072007-10-23 17:05

    Thanks, Here is a picture of what it will look like when it's done

  16. #16637slayer2007-12-26 20:27

    what a sweet collection! thats the best i have ever seen

  17. #17Countryboy2007-12-27 00:53

    Here's my JD 650H Precision Model 1/16 scale. It weighs about 10 lbs. The Ol' Lady got this for my birthday while she was working at the JD dealership. It cost an arm ...they were asking for a leg too but she got a discount ... but it was worth it.

  18. #18Dirtman20072007-12-28 17:13

    Countryboy the precision by models Ertl are a great deal for the money. The 650H is awsome, oping doors, hood and amazing detail. I used to have the 1/16 case 580 backhoe, it was just like the real thing. " It cost an arm ...they were asking for a leg too but she got a discount ... but it was worth it ." You know that was the best $150.00 ever spent!!

  19. #19pushkid842007-12-28 18:14

    minis they sure do i have seen di casts of bobcat stuff go to your bobcat rental store they problygot em there

  20. #20Mdwstsnow5122007-12-29 19:22

    anybody know if or where to get a Cat 246 or 246B skidloader diecast? thanks Nate

  21. #21bobcat ron2007-12-29 19:25

    Holy crap, that's insane detail on that dozer, I gotta get my pics in here from my Liebherr front shovel and loader too.

  22. #22bobcat ron2007-12-30 19:52

    Here's my little ones:

  23. #23alan627b2007-12-31 17:06

    Here are a few sources to get you started...beware, you'll find more stuff you gotta have, but can't afford.... http://www.toyline.com/bri/ Buffalo Road Imports http://dhsdiecast.com/ DHS Diecast http://www.ccmodels.com/ Classic construction Models, call your loan officer... This one will keep you busy for a while.... http://www.scalemodel.net/ I too suffer a hopeless addiction to scale models, and Darn It! They keep coming out with more neat ones! Good thing I'm single, I guess....I've got between 3 and 400.... Gotta get some of those 657G's from Norscot soon.... alan627b

  24. #24dpull2007-12-31 20:37

    Equipment Models Super nice Collection. Sure hope you kept the boxes. Don't know how many I have packed away from 40 some years of collecting. Ilove the 1st Gear 1/25 models for the money there hard to beat. Some day I'll get some show cases built.

  25. #25alan627b2007-12-31 21:03

    Speaking of First Gear, check out these pics of the new HD41, modified with a winch. As seen on the DHS Diecast forum. Fantastic detail. It weighs something like 13 pounds! D Pull, you do know they are coming out with a Super C pull soon, don't you? I think Norscot better watch out, First Gear makes better stuff. I hope they decide to do the HD21 in 1/50, to go with the excellent TS300 they did. So many models, so little cash..... By the way, I DO keep the boxes! alan627b

  26. #26Cat_Yellow2008-01-01 18:07

    Just added First Gear lowboy, TD15, and 175 to my 1:50 collection. First Gear does make some nice stuff. I'd like to see more vintage models.

  27. #27Countryboy2008-01-01 18:09

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums dpull! :drinkup

  28. #28bobcat ron2008-01-01 18:59

    That is impressive detail in the cab, even the floor texture is diamond patterned.

  29. #29RollOver Pete2008-01-01 19:33

    Check out these models! http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0B0F8113933617A5

  30. #30dpull2008-01-04 20:37

    models I seen the LET Super 'C' at the Indy toy show last Aug, It is a neat little model but I sure would like to see it in 1/25 scale. Like Yellow Iron I would like to see more vintage stuff that a guy could afford. That HD41 is just a MUST HAVE kinda of model. Would love to see 1st Gear do the Letourneau line.

  31. #31alan627b2008-01-21 15:49

    Retro Grading just recived some new equipment yesterday, a pair of 657G push-pull scrapers, and a D6T XLR with GPS. Now we can bid some big jobs! Notice the slight size difference from our 627's.....

  32. #32Kenny R2008-01-21 16:58

    Those are both great models aren't they alan! I got a fleet of 6 running at the moment http://www.kensdiecastconstructionmodels.com

  33. #33bobcat ron2008-01-21 17:34

    Wow, cool, what 's the average fuel consumption rates?!?! :woohoo

  34. #34Burnout2008-01-21 22:20

    Wow those are some beautiful models you guys have... Here's my pride and joy. My Case 580 Super M 50th Anniversary model. Came in black and I'm told its a limited run of these beasts.

  35. #35alan627b2008-01-22 00:03

    Yellow Fever Ken, how many units in your fleet? I'm up to 3 or 4.... HUNDRED ... We measure "fuel use" in calories with this stuff..if my stuff were real, I'd be the biggest contractor in eastern Nebraska! Highlights include 5 627A's, 3 631E's 621A, 621R (B model imported to S. America) 1 cross bred 627B (being rebuilt in the shop) 615, 2 TS300 A-C's, D4D and E, D5C and G, D6C and D6T XLR, D8K,R,T 2 D9G's ,HD41B TD15C 920, 955L, 963D, 988B 994D 235, 375, 5130 and 5110B 12G, 140B, 16G, 143H and 24H 3 815B's several 825B's and 1 825H, DW20A with Hyster Super Packer and more other stuff than I can remember right now...plus the "Off brand" stuff.... Slowly building a Cat dealer diorama for all this stuff... Yeah, it's a sickness, and I got it bad....LOL!

  36. #36alan627b2008-01-22 00:05

    657 Repair Geez Ken, haven't even scratched the paint yet, and already the Cat dealer's working on it? Must be the ejector that doesn't work, huh? LOL! alan627b I found out today that 1st Gear is making the TD25C with 3 shank ripper in 1/50, available 4-08...and a Allis Chalmers grader, the DD I think, for Toy Farmer in 1/50 too! They need to make that HD21 smaller, too... Here's pics I snapped of the HD41, all 13 pounds of it...

  37. #37Kenny R2008-01-22 04:18

    I honestly don't even know anymore:beatsme ...All I know is it's still not enough You got it right on the money buddy, for some reason all the 657's came straight from the dealer with bad hydraulics (or should I say "missing" hydraulics) on all the ejectors... Yeah I was way stocked when i received an email from Roy Ferguson Sales today about that and the PC300 those will be so awesome! That HD41 is amazing I don't have to many models over 1/50 scale but I might have to talk the girlfriend into letting me get one of those puppies for a new pet

  38. #38RollOver Pete2008-01-22 08:17

    Take a small hammer to the bumper of that 57 and then you could put a Cobra sticker on it....

  39. #39gd10r2008-01-23 23:21

    Hey guys, I am at about 300 models, like alan if they were real I would be the biggest contractor in Denver. I would be busted however, with my affinity for new iron. Here is the latest jewel to hit the shelves, too lazy to dig out the DD9G so grabbed a D10N to give it some scale. Threw the D6K in as well. Enjoy the new 660 model. G

  40. #40coopers2008-01-24 03:35

    I've been trying to get my hands on the orange ones...regular ones. I found a couple places that still have some and are willing to send me some it's just waiting for the right moment to justify buying one of those. I'll get one here soon, I constantly see the black ones and have had a ton of opportunities to get one but like the original better. Nice though! Saw the real one up close and personal at my Case dealer last summer. Blake WA

  41. #41JayC2008-01-24 10:42

    I've always loved diecast. You guys have some impressive replicas. Wish I had some to post, though.

  42. #42JDOFMEMI2008-01-24 12:06

    That 660 is a beauty. Can you PM me where a person might be able to get one? Like you and Allen, and a few others here, I have 3-400 now If they were full size I would be really broke by now

  43. #43alan627b2008-01-24 15:09

    Graham, you mind me asking how much that model costs? I've been told it's over $1000....aslo heard they're going to make a 666, but I'd have to think a loooong time to make myself spend that kind of cash ona model, much as I'd love to have one.... I do have some Dodge trucks coming next week, my foreman need something to drive.... http://www.carmodel.net/zoomPage.ph...sICcnLCAnJywnJywgJ2FkZC0xLTIzNjg2JywgJzAnKQ==

  44. #44alan627b2008-01-24 17:39

    Here's a pic....made by Spark models. Tough to find them though. 1/43 scale, close enough. The alternative is Athern's new 56 F100, or Chevy's, and I'm a Mopar man....

  45. #45gd10r2008-01-24 18:11

    Hey guys, the model is unfortunately sold out. I generally purchase direct from the manufacturer, with a relationship cultured over a long time. I will ask and see if there are any availalble. This was the second shipment as the first batch was totally destroyed by fedex and had to be returned. The way I see it, its not too big a strech to do a 666 now that the bowl and rear tires are complete. I would hope to see one someday. I have heard rumors as well of a possible CCM version, but at this point I think that is all they are. As for the cost, if you have to ask, the old addage goes. I figure that it set me back about 10 months of sack lunches over the $10 a day you enivetiably spend on a lunch. I am also the proud owner of: 651A 657A push pull 650 D11R and 651 pull pan Wabco 333 open bowl TS-24 in correct euc green S-24 same Superroller TS-24 with compaction wheels 633E 637E, working hitch and all correct hydraulic lines 633E 1:87 scale I just guess scrapers are my thing. G

  46. #46dpull2008-01-24 21:37

    scraper models Graham, What is the scale of the 660 Cat? Great model and who makes it? what about some pictures of the Wabco and Terex models. Thanks, dpull

  47. #47Cat637g2008-01-24 23:38

    dpull, The scale is 1:50/1:48 produced by an english manufacturer.

  48. #48gd10r2008-01-26 18:21

    D, pull here are some more photos. 37G is correct, all models are 1:50 scale. G

  49. #49Dirtman20072008-01-26 21:32

    Here is my latest custom to the collection Cat 325CL with Shear

  50. #50ConstSite2008-01-26 23:24

    That would be an understatement! The 660 looks great! Glad to see you made it over here! - Chris

  51. #51gd10r2008-01-26 23:47

    Thanks Chris, long time reader, finally a poster, is it true, that you and mike are buying beers at Conexpo??? I heard a nasty rumor. G

  52. #52ConstSite2008-01-27 00:21

    Don't think it was a rumor. For you, dinner at Bellagio. 44 days and counting! - Chris

  53. #53dpull2008-01-27 21:31

    Scraper Models Hey G, Thanks for posting your scraper models. Gotta love them. Thanks, dpull

  54. #54gd10r2008-01-28 17:54

    Chris, just so long as the wife doesnt think its a date your on. Dpull no problem. G

  55. #55N.CarolinaDozer2008-01-31 13:46

    Here's a few of my models.

  56. #56BIGGGDOZZER2008-02-04 18:03

    Diecast collectables Nice collection ,mine is not as big but wanted to share some of mine,tim

  57. #57stepp33602008-02-04 21:36

    Custom model Here's a custom model that a little different. It's a 1/50 scale double bottom dump train like they run in Utah. It was built using Alan Smith trailers, and the Kenworth T-800 was custom built by Mark Savage. To coin a phase the model is Priceless. I know its not equipment, but you got to have haulers, too Thanks, John

  58. #58Dirtman20072008-02-04 21:53

    Hey where you at in NC? Mark savage can make some awsome models. love the Koehring excavator!

  59. #59637slayer2008-02-04 22:23

    sweet setup, is it modeled after a fleet? because if its not a fleet model i would have had some bling put on it, bumper headache rack n stuff

  60. #60Lashlander2008-02-04 22:35

    Does Mark Savage have anything to do with Savage Brothers?

  61. #61stepp33602008-02-05 09:03

    Lashlander, Mark Savage is a custom model builder from PA. He has no relationship to Savage Brothers from Utah. I really enjoy your postings from Alaska, as I lived in Anchorage for many years.Keep them coming Dirtman2007 I live in Western North Carolina in Hendersonville. I see you got the custom BE 400H, The Koehring 1166E lives at my house, Brian does some nice work. As far as the custom doubles, Mark Savage is building me a complete fleet of trucks for a make believe company that would run in Utah. I will post more customs models later. Thanks for the interest. John

  62. #62Lashlander2008-02-05 10:05

    Thanks Stepp, When I saw Savage and Utah it reminded me of Savage Brothers. They have some wild heavy haul set ups. Used to see their trucks all over hauling dry bulk and such.

  63. #63Dirtman20072008-02-05 16:26

    yeah I was the lucky one and got the 400H from him. I Also know you were the lucky one to get the koehing 1066 from him also. But hey I got my name on one of the 3 that he is making

  64. #64stepp33602008-02-05 18:15

    Dirtman guess we're on the same list. Here's some of my custom work D-8R's, and a D9-G. Most have been decaled for "Wilder" construction from the northwest. This is the best part of collecting doing a few custom things to make your models different. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. John

  65. #65BIGGGDOZZER2008-02-05 20:15

    how the heck do i get my pics to shrink or is there a program to buy to do it with any help appreciated,thanks tim

  66. #66Dirtman20072008-02-05 22:03

    posting pictures for BIGGGDOZZER

  67. #67Dirtman20072008-02-05 22:06
  68. #68Lashlander2008-02-05 22:10

    Nice! Did you work for Wilder when you lived in Anchorage?

  69. #69Dirtman20072008-02-05 22:16

    yall ready for an update!! since I first started this post, I think that I have bought several dozen more models and aquired more wall shelfs!!

  70. #70bobcat ron2008-02-06 10:41

    I spotted a Gradall in those pics, who made those models?

  71. #71alan627b2008-02-06 17:55

    Chris, do you mind me asking where you got those wall units with the glass? Or did you make them yourself? I need more space, and buying another china/curio cabinet seems like an expensive waste of space, since the bottom several feet is just storage....what a guy needs is a bookcase, with glass doors....ideas anyone? alan627b

  72. #72Dirtman20072008-02-06 18:15

    I had to make them. I could not find anything that would work for me so I built them all. I think they came out to like $45.00 each for materials, the plexi glass was the most expensive thing. They are 36"X42"

  73. #73cont212008-02-12 22:47

    There are some absolutely awesome collections here! I have been collecting die cast construction toys since I was young. You can see my collection at: http://www.diecastconstructiontoys.com . It is a small collection and I plan to add to it every now an then. I also noticed that a few had questions about how to shrink a picture size. Message me and I can offer some tips. Typically a program such as photoshop is used but there are some free options as well.

  74. #74Countryboy2008-02-12 23:01

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums cont21! :drinkup

  75. #75treeman2008-02-13 17:48

    Nice DirtMan. Could we get a pic or two of the Brami RH340 shovel. Thanks alot. Nice collection!!

  76. #76cont212008-02-13 20:37

    Thanks for the welcome! I have always loved Heavy Equipment and figured that it is high time I post my collection. I'll do my best to keep the site updated regular and rotate the pics often. Some of these guys have simply awesome sites. I mean, they put tons of work into the pics and scenes. Thats just incredible! Great clean fun!

  77. #77637slayer2008-02-13 21:07

    impressive collection dirtman :drinkup

  78. #78N.CarolinaDozer2008-02-13 23:49

    Group shot of mine, and also one of my D11R. All 1/50 scale. Small collection, but still adding when I can. Nice collection for the rest of you all.:scool:usa

  79. #79N.CarolinaDozer2008-03-04 14:06

    :thumbsup

  80. #80Jon B2008-03-04 19:51

    N.CarolinaDozer I'm working on the exact same CAT collection. I have a healthy amount of farm toys, but I'm taking civil engineering at school, so I figure I need to get my construction fixings too.

  81. #81N.CarolinaDozer2008-03-04 19:54

    Cool, get some pics up if you can. If you don't know, try ebay out. You can find some good deals there. Good luck man!:drinkup

  82. #82Jon B2008-03-04 20:27

    Well, at the risk of throwing this thread off topic, here is my one favorite toy. Its a 1/43'd scale Belarus tractor thats made in the USSR

  83. #83alan627b2008-03-05 14:46

    Image resizer Here's a link to the easiest one I've used, from Microsoft itself. For Windows XP. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx Scroll down and download the one titled Imageresizer.exe Once you have it downloaded, selecting Small as the pic size works well for this board. You can also batch resize with this tool to save time. alan627b

  84. #84N.CarolinaDozer2008-06-08 13:13

    Hey Chris, how much do you think you have invested in all of your models?

  85. #85Dirtman20072008-06-08 13:34

    Way to much to say I would say the average would be about a $100+ each if you took all their total values and divided it by the total # of models... I have one that's worth $800.00 and will fit in you hand.......

  86. #86Bobcat'nstl2008-06-08 18:24

    I have a fairly good size collection here are some pics http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff49/STLModels/

  87. #87Bellboy2008-06-24 09:14

    :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Are there a couple of Doosan / Daewoo among the ranks? If so, where can i get one?

  88. #88Bellboy2008-06-24 09:20

    Hi there. Do you have any doosan models there, and where did you get them? bellboy

  89. #89Bellboy2008-09-05 10:32

    Okay. My models can all fit on one shelf... which means that either I don't have a lot of models, or I have a huge shelf I think the former... If these machines were the real, big, diesel guzzling giants we pine over, and you and I and every one who collects models on this forum were real contractors... i think i would stay in landscaping and building farm roads, with the occasional dam ... digressing. A+!

  90. #90hoeman6002008-09-05 13:45

    you asked for it!

  91. #91hoeman6002008-09-05 13:48

    some more

  92. #92hoeman6002008-09-05 13:51

    last ones:notworthy

  93. #93Bellboy2008-09-06 01:04

    I dig the big Komatsu on the flat bed. Is it all insured?

  94. #94D11RCD2008-09-20 21:42

    Where did you get the parts for the 776 and flatbed? I like it, the PC3000 looks great on it! :notworthy

  95. #95hoeman6002008-09-21 09:15

    all scratch built with brass. my other hobby

  96. #96BigIron252008-10-15 07:58

    Are those 657Gs from Norscot or CCM? Just wondering becuase i wasnt sure if norscot incorporated the push/pull setup. Its amazing how more run-of-the-mill companies are starting to put alot more detail into thier diecast. TWH is making some really nice models, especially the lattice boom crawler cranes. the detail is just amazing. Good Pics!

  97. #97alan627b2008-10-15 13:53

    Mine are Norscot models, and they are a good value for the money. I have seen some that have been superdetailed, that will give the CCM 637G a run for the money. Here are a 1/16th scale pair, built by Jerry Hall. The pair together stretch out about 8 feet! I'd hate to guess what they would cost.....

  98. #98alan627b2008-10-15 13:56

    More pics of some more of his models. You ought to see the 666's he builds...last one I saw on Ebay sold for $2600....

  99. #99BigIron252008-10-15 14:27

    Yeah i thought they might be from norscots line, im really getting impressed with norscots line lately especially the 2008 line. Im excited to see the actual pictures of the D11T that comes out this month and a few other new models. they definately do give CCM a run for their money especially with the detail and such. I like the ones from Jerry Hall as well, i can imagine it gets pricey and its hard to come by larger scales. haha they definately are addictive collectors items. Im big into TWHs model cranes, when i get some time ill post some pics of the Manitowoc 4400, Kiewit 14000 and the All Crane 18000 i recently purchased. TWH is amazing with the boom work and fine detail. Great pics! Thanks again Alan! :usa

  100. #100cat 3852008-10-15 19:28

    i noticed on cat die cast that you can get 740's with mud splashed on them to give them the working look,first I've seen this maybe they been doing it for a while:beatsme ya i know i thought the same thing i could splash real mud on them:cool2

  101. #101CAT992G2008-10-19 15:31

    4100 XPC 1:87 scale

  102. #102CAT992G2008-10-19 16:00

    4100XPC from TWH pic 2

  103. #103stretch2008-10-19 20:04

    I saw one of those at the Time Machine Hobby Store in Manchester, CT. Very impressive, to say the least...and EXPENSIVE. :beatsme

  104. #104CAT992G2008-10-20 15:30

    :Banghead Yes, price is 459 US $, but the model is more detailed then the 4100XPB, shown on the last pic... The BHP Billiton Decals and the "P&H Centurion System" Logo are not included, they are made by decalprint.de

  105. #105Dirtman20072008-10-21 19:26

    here are some of the newest models to the collection here is a cat 330DL road builder

  106. #106Dirtman20072008-10-21 19:28

    few more

  107. #107D11RCD2008-10-22 05:15

    I love the 330DL road builder:notworthy. Where did you get all those grapples? I cannot find anyone who sells them!

  108. #108stretch2008-10-22 15:22

    What's with the cab on the 330?

  109. #109Turbo218352008-10-22 15:44

    Odd isnt it? Its called a roadbuilder. The only time I have seen any was when i was out in Or and Wa this spring. They seem to be a popular machine. They sit higher off the ground, and with that style cab they offer better views. They seem to be used almost exclusively in the forestry business

  110. #110Bellboy2008-10-24 10:54

    Never seen one before either. Don't get them at all in this country.

  111. #111WabcoMan2008-10-24 19:07

    WabcoMan getting ready for the summer season All are 1:25 scale

  112. #112Lashlander2008-10-24 21:41

    Hey Wabcoman, nice collection. What are those little cranes in the back?

  113. #113WabcoMan2008-10-25 00:10

    Hi Lashlander, They are Schield 'Bantams' made by Spec Cast in 1/25. From left to right: face shovel, backhoe & dragline. I'll see if I can post a shot of them for you:drinkup

  114. #114WabcoMan2008-10-25 00:44

    The Spec Cast Shield Bantams. The dragline & face shovel are quite hard to find these days.

  115. #115Lashlander2008-10-25 11:45

    Those are cool. Thanks for the close ups.

  116. #116Bellboy2008-10-31 12:28

    Dirtman, i am still waiting on tose close ups of the daewoos/ doosans .

  117. #117cat 3852008-10-31 18:59

    a few more

  118. #118CAT992G2008-10-31 20:16

    Cat D11R Carrydozer from Classic Construction Models in 1:87 scale

  119. #119cat 3852008-10-31 20:25

    that is sweet :notworthy

  120. #120WabcoMan2008-11-01 00:27

    Waitin for the next job Things pretty slow in these parts - all the gears parked up.

  121. #121Bellboy2008-11-01 11:04

    Ag, what a pity.

  122. #122granitefan7132008-11-30 21:32

    Hi guys, I'm looking to add a 1:50th scale mining shovel to my collection; however, I'm somewhat cheap. (Don't worry, I know they're almost all over $200). And I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that would give me the best "bang for my buck". I'm not really concerned about a particular OEM at this point. I did just order a Cat 365L FS, but thats not really a "mining" shovel. Thanks, Dave

  123. #123oakland2008-11-30 22:37

    i would also like to know, i too am somewhat cheap

  124. #124WabcoMan2008-12-01 00:44

    Good 1/50 Mining Shovek May I heartily recommend the NZG Liebherr 9240. a. Its not too expensive b. Its fully detailed, hoses, good undercarriage, interior, FOPS - even a fire suppression system. c. You can get it either as a face shovel or backhoe depending on your preference. d. Its a way better model than the larger Conrad Liebherr R996 e. Its light years ahead of anything else in the price range including the rather crudely detailed Norscot models. You won't be disappointed:drinkup

  125. #125granitefan7132008-12-01 17:51

    It seems Liebherr has different model numbers for the same machine, maybe US vs other countries. But several people recommend the NZG Liebherr 994B (9350) and also the Komatsu PC3000.

  126. #126bluntman410g2008-12-04 21:32

    :notworthy:scoolvery nice collections to all that posted

  127. #127Speedpup2008-12-23 22:08

    Nice collections:drinkup I have six telehandlers.

  128. #128xterrahawk2009-09-27 00:54

    hey can u tell me where u got those pipes in this picture that belongs to you

  129. #129Bobcat'nstl2009-11-02 18:06

    they are plymobile pipes

  130. #130xterrahawk2009-11-03 10:00

    sorry for the trouble but by any chance can you direct me to where you got them? im interested in getting a few of those

  131. #131shank exposer2009-11-03 10:04

    that model is awesome! how much would something like that cost?

  132. #132DeereMan99'2009-11-04 18:10

    Oh, around $400.00-$500.00:jawdrop

  133. #133ricky_313232009-11-07 10:56

    OOOoooo....noo....... Yellowteam...... good collection....

  134. #134ricky_313232009-11-07 11:00

    :drinkup WOOW....Nice Excavator.....i like it...:drinkup

  135. #135tomcat11912009-11-10 19:30

    Your price might be off just a tad on the 495HR. Mine is orangle and blue and has the matching blast hole drill and it set me back just under 1,000$.

  136. #136truklodyte2010-01-03 08:02

    Wow and I thought I was bad with hotwheels

  137. #137tomcat11912010-01-03 10:26

    Yeah the shovel was 695.00 and the blast hole drill was 495.00. Both are awesome models though. Hey the wife bought me the blast hole drill.

  138. #138Koehringman2010-01-05 22:02

    Koehring Got any pics of those Koehring Models?

  139. #139Diecasttoys2010-01-10 10:18

    Awesome collection! Mine is located at www.diecastconstructiontoys.com I don't have the models physically displayed but I do use them for photo shoots form time to time to post on the site.

  140. #140ConstHobbyShop2010-05-31 03:49

    Wow, you guys have some amazing collections! This is my first post and I just want to introduce myself. My name is Scott and I have just started up www.ConstructionHobbyShop.com . We currently have about 30 Norscot CAT models and plan to expand to their full line as well as Komatsu and other models from First Gear, John Deere, and more. We do our best to offer the lowest possible prices and outstanding customer service. My intention is not to spam this forum, but just to let those who are interested in die-cast models that we are here to serve your needs as best as we can. We hope to see you soon at http://www.constructionhobbyshop.com By the way, we also have a coupon good for $5.00 off your first order of $50 or more - just enter INTRO550 during checkout for the discount. Thanks Scott

  141. #141245dlc2010-05-31 14:20

    I was wondering if anybody makes custom models in 1:87 or H.O. scale? I'm trying to model a scrap shredder and would like to model a Kibri 972 excavator with a big Labounty shear.

  142. #142alan627b2010-06-01 00:33

    To ConstHobbyShop You might want to drop a link to your new hobby venture here: http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/ Technically it's one of your competitors, but the posters probably won't mind. Glad to have another resource, Alan627b

  143. #143Jdigger41302010-08-12 21:21

    DUUUDE! My people have been found. I too love the diecast and models myself. I have gathered about sixty or so and plan on making a logging scene in 25th and an overpass/widening project in 50th. I am a caveman and dont know how to post yet??? So please contact me if yer inta talking toy iron. Justin N ( [email protected] )

  144. #144HCF2010-10-22 12:06

    What model is that kobelco with the thumb? Who made it?

  145. #145TheCASEguy2010-10-22 12:35

    I have a CASE CX210 1:50Scale model still in a package. Do you have that one? Let me know and if not I will send it to you. Just give me a shipping address.

  146. #146TruckerJames2010-10-28 16:20

    Nice collections i like the look of the old case machines

  147. #147diggersmom2010-12-13 18:53

    I'm not able to post a new message but if anyone is interested in selling an excavator with a thumb or a backhoe with a thumb please contact me ASAP. It's the only thing my son is looking for for Christmas and I can't find anything!! Any help is appreciated. Please contact me with any offers to sell one at [email protected] . Thank you

  148. #148john10662011-01-21 01:20

    heres my collection the boro truck i had custom painted to match one of ours

  149. #149ryberg2011-01-31 23:02

    were did u get those bucyrus erie exovators

  150. #150steve kicic2011-03-11 22:18

    !0 pages of some really awesome stuff!! Im a small collector with roughly 70-80 excavators, seem to have a lot in 1/50, a few in larger scales and getting a few together in 87 scale which i love detailing and weathering up for a future diorama at some stage, just great to see so many collections shown, great stuff guys!!!!!!!

  151. #151jbernd2011-03-15 19:12

    kinda hard to tell by looking but I guess you prefer excavators?

  152. #152steve kicic2011-03-15 22:55

    Yeah tracked excavators - backhoes, tracked loaders & dozers and wheel loaders make up a majority of my collection thats for sure. I have a few scrapers, graders, a Clamshell digger and a few other things like tippers and low loaders. Certainly would like a lot more but finances wont permit it at the moment.! Ah well, hopefully get a few later on. So many good ones to choose from, now thats the hard part!

  153. #153Chris M.2011-03-16 11:40

    WOW!!!! Millions of construction models!!! You have a very impressive collection. Respect!

  154. #154xgiovannix122012-02-23 01:11

    i agree keep posting updates

  155. #155mvdbobcat362012-05-29 00:17

    you should put up another model video

  156. #156tom clemens2019-09-16 19:42

    Hi does Mark Savage still build models? If so do you know how to get ahold of him? Thanks Tom

  157. #157Omar Simental2024-10-25 02:05

    Thank for the information. Just restarted my colección after 15 years already spent 2grand in 20 days and just warming up finally realized ebay is not really cheap.

  158. #158George O.P.2025-06-18 21:52

    I have a collection of about 300 die cast hydraulic excavators. Different brands and models for sell. Could you guide me how to contact buyers?

  159. #159Omar Simental2025-06-29 20:01

    Thanks for the heads up

  160. #160Omar Simental2025-06-29 20:54

    I'm interested