Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diesel Exhaust Scrubbers

DGODGR ยท 2012-09-17 00:18

I posted this in the Mini Ex Forum too. I recently landed some work that will require me to work in a subterrainean garage and inside a building. The GC has promised good ventilation so we will not be using any ambilicals to vent exhaust. They do want me to provide scrubbers for the equipment I intend to use. The intended equipment will be my '06 A300 skid, and my '06 435 ZHS mini exc. (both Bobcats). I checked into availability prior to bid and the units are available from Bobcat. I am wondering what it takes to install exhaust scrubbers on my machines. I am a little bit concerned about having to remove the engine to get to the exhaust manifold. Maybe I can get good enough access through the back of the cab (on the skid anyway). the last time I worked under the cab, on the skid, we were replacing both rear axles and bearings. It was not fun and I don't recall seeing an easy path to the front side of the motor. The exhaust of the mini is staring you in the face when you open the back door so I doubt it will be much of an issue. An estimate of time would be great too.

Replies1
  1. #1digger242j2012-09-17 05:03

    To keep the confusion to a minimum, lets put all the replies in one place. The other thread can be found here.