Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diesel in the coolant Bobcat 753

Eprn1n2 ยท 2017-03-25 13:16

There is diesl fuel in my coolant. What are the possible causes of this?

Replies9
  1. #1Delmer2017-03-25 14:52

    Excessive operator head space??? Is this a Kubota engine?

  2. #2Eprn1n22017-03-25 14:53

    It is the Kubota 2203.

  3. #3crewchief8882017-03-25 17:01

    this is a new one to me.....

  4. #4Eprn1n22017-03-25 17:24

    Uh Oh. Maybe its oil. When I purchased it I checked the coolant and found it to look abnormal. I changed it out. I finally took the old coolant to the waste station and smelt the fuel. I'll speak to the Bobcat dealer and see if they can check a coolant sample.

  5. #5mountainlake2017-03-25 18:19

    Oil would make a lot more sence, bad oil cooler if it has one or head gasket or cracked head. Cracked head is common. Steve

  6. #6Delmer2017-03-25 19:54

    I'd flush it with dishwasher detergent and as many rain water rinses as needed, and see how if the new stuff gets any smell to it, or oily sheen on the top, except it sounds like you already put new stuff in. Does the new stuff have any sheen on the top? It could be just really old nasty antifreeze too.

  7. #7Eprn1n22017-03-25 20:56

    I think that is a good idea. There are no other indications of a problem. It runs fine, there is no oil foaming, and the coolant still looks like coolant though with the diesel smell. I'll flush the crap out of it.

  8. #8DIYDAVE2017-03-25 21:02
  9. #9crewchief8882017-03-26 10:20

    just some random info on the coolant that bobcat uses. it's a PG type A/F it starts out purple, after a few heating and cooling cycles, it turns brown, to the untrained eye it doesnt look good at all.....