Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diesel-powered Genie TMZ-50/30 won’t switch to “Engine Power” on base control panel

rickrpi ยท 2015-10-08 16:31

Hello everyone, I have a 2002 Genie TMZ-50/30, serial #T5002-6. It is a Hatz diesel powered trailer mounted lift. The problem I have is that the control panel will not recognize that the engine is running. The "Battery" led light stays on. All controls work, but the auxiliary electric powered hydraulic pump kicks in. I assume it "thinks" the engine is not running and switches over to electric emergency pump. I have replaced the CPU with it's board, connector board, voltage regulator/rectifier, engine wire harness, Hatz engine ignition board, engine ignition wiring, replaced both base and platform control button touchpads. I believe the flywheel generator is working properly, since it produces alternating voltage when running and increases as RPMs increase. 1000CCA Battery is brand new and charging normally. I have been using wiring schematic ES0217C from the Genie Service Manual (part # 65162). I am stumped. I'd appreciate any help.... HeavyEquipmentForums

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-08 18:01

    Check your DIP switch settings per page 4-32 ?

  2. #2rickrpi2015-10-08 18:23

    Thanks for the reply! DIP switches are set as follows: #1 On (My lift does not have the drive option.) #2 On #3 On #4 On #5 Off #6 Off #7 On #8 On

  3. #3lantraxco2015-10-08 19:03

    Those DIP switch settings look right. Man the schematics are a mess! They show the engine oil pressure switch going from a 10 amp fused power source direct to ground! Same with the "Engine run" wire coming from pin 3 on the connector board and connecting to the engine circuit board at H0, it connects straight to ground. That can't be right can it? I'm guessing that the oil pressure switch is what actually controls the switchover but it's just a WAG.

  4. #4rickrpi2015-10-09 12:35

    I hear you. The wiring diagram is unreliable, and Genie tech support won't give me the time of day. Thanks for your replies.