Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Difference between early Case 680ck and series B?

lukestafford ยท 2013-11-09 16:48

Hey, I have a late run 1969 680ck series b that I want to buy a parts machine for. Anyone know what changes they made from earlier versions? I know that for late runs on the series b machines they went to an "open chamber" engine. Big changes with the introduction of series b? Thanks in advance. Luke

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2013-11-09 21:31

    Best thing you can do Luke, is to look at the online CNH parts catalog, type in 680 & take some time to spot the differences.

  2. #2Tinkerer2013-11-10 07:05

    When you open the Case online website for the machine you want, look to the bottom of the page. You will see two small squares side by side. The one on the left looks like it has a grid on it. If you click on it, the default parts list changes to showing all the components of the machine in thumbnails. It took me awhile to find that.

  3. #3lukestafford2013-11-10 09:35

    That's a huge help! Thanks Tinkerer.

  4. #4Tinkerer2013-11-10 13:02

    You are welcome, Luke. I hope a lot of Case people are aware of the thumbnail or list option in the parts book.