Guys, I haven't looked closely at the two machines side by side, but they look similar. Can anyone what are some of the key differences between the newer 450 vs the 90XT, downfalls or benefits? Especially with the controls -- which one would be a better to operate? How did the 450 change between the original vs the 450-3? I know that's a lot to cover, but I haven't been able to find a lot in searches. Thanks,
The 90XT has a Cummins the 450 has the 4.5 Iveco. No difference in how the machine handles, both have servo until you get into the Series 3 450 which has pilot. The body of the machine was built for the Cummins, so I thought that the XT machines were easier to service. However I thought that the 4.5 was superior to the 3.9T in power, it seemed to recover faster. The cabs are not a lot different until you get to the Series 3. The 450 will be a little more modern but not a deal breaker I don't think. If I were buying one it would be a Series 3 450 if you can find one. They came out when the Construction industry hit bottom in 08. You get a nice cab, and pilots which were well done. You will not like changing filters and so forth but the change interval is such that you wont have to do it often. These machines are very productive, heavy, big power, and very fast. When in the hands of an experienced operator they are flat amazing on what you can do with one.