Anybody here attend Wednesday's Dig Safely down in Fishkill? It's about time that utility operators now have to be more responsive when a mark out is called in.It's called APR--Automated Positive Response.I've had issues with a certain operator in my parts for years in that I have to call them for their utilities locations and mark-outs as if I was bothering them.Hopefully,this will all change now. Their key-note speaker was this unbelievable motivational guy who had thousands of volts of electric surge through him 25 years ago running a jack hammer.The point went through a concrete vault into 3 high tension lines throwing him out of the trench only to have him slide back down into the still imbedded hammer.Pronounced dead 3 times,2 of his toes blew off through his boots,lost 2 more toes later,knees were holding the JH were still decomposing 2.5 weeks later,had them reconstructed and he now can walk with just a slight limp.He became proficient at kayaking,made 2 olympic teams, and carried our flag into the opening ceremonies in Sydney,Australia in 2008. Guy spoke for an hour without any notes keeping everyone thoroughly interested.Very impressive.
No replies yet.