I have a 580SL Series 2 with extendahoe. It only has 2500 hours on it. I just used it yesterday and everything was working. Today the dipper will not move in either direction. It is the only circuit that is not working. It does labor the engine down just a little in both directions. I have a service manual on the 580SL. The troubleshooting ladder in service manual. Says: If cylinders dont move in either direction. Check spool travel if it is ok. Get drastic! "The control valve can have internal wear or damage. Repair or replace the control valve as necessary" What else can i check before pulling the valve bank?
I would imagine it is possible that the nut has come off the end of the rod inside the cylinder, but not 100% sure on that. If it has mechanical linkage for the backhoe , just check to see visually that it's moving the spool in and out when you move your lever, it just seems awfully weird that it would just affect the diperstick if it was a hydraulic problem...
Man i am blessed by the best. I pulled cylinder and rod just slipped all the way out and hit the ground. Big 1 1/2" bolt that hold piston on rod backed off. I am really lucky nothing is damaged inside.
Its not how much you put in the collection basket, its how often
As long as it starts at 10% per year you will never miss it. Life just goes better when you try to be more obedient.