I have a field job with a 4 cylinder engine and the drain plug is totally inaccessible. Anybody have a recommendation for an oil sucker that can be hand carried to something like this? Oil capacity on this little engine is only 3.5 qts but I would like to be able to do, at least, larger 4 cylinder turbo diesels and such if the need arises.
I purchased a Motive Products vacuum extractor about 5 years ago, it is very well built and it has worked great. Motive Products 5770 Obata Way Unit D Gilroy, CA. 95020 Open 9-4 Pacific Time M-F 1-877-59-BRAKE (27253) The one I have holds about a gal and half and you pump it by hand to give it vacuum which can sometimes be awkward when working on a machine. If I were to do it over I would get some sort of powered unit which would make things go faster.
It must be made for sucking up garlic-coming from Gilroy, Ca.
This is very common with marine applications. Most all boats have to have the oil pumped up via the dip-stick. I have a cheap 12V unit that I got off e-bay to do the job. I also know that there are some that are hand pump.
Well 25 years ago my wife was great at t........ wait a minute
OMG, you didn't just trip that wire, did you? Some of the guys at the shop buy cheap SB chevy oil pumps tap the holes and put pipe fittings in for whatever size you want up to 1/2. Then, it's whatever hose you got into whatever drum you got. This also works good teeny tiny final drives like small pavers and milling machines, where everything else is just too big.
Oh boy Vetech63-you've been out wandering around in the sagebrush too long.
Haven't used it yet but I picked up one of these https://www.amazon.ca/Mityvac-7201-Fluid-Evacuator-Plus/dp/B007QV0966 . Figure it should be great for changing diffs, etc. I like that it pumps and sucks, many just suck so no help for putting fluids back in. Also be great for filling swing drive on track hoe so it doesn't take an hour.