I just bought this machine and the hydro fluid is very dirty. I want to change it but what about all the fluid in the lines , cylinders, pumps , finals, etc... How do you get the entire system clean? Also is there any more return filters other than the large one in the tank? I have heard of a final drive return filter that must be changed/cleaned to stop pressure from building up in the drive motors. 2003 Volvo ec210blc V11360 Thanks for any input
Good day again EC210B The only hydraulic filters normally fitted are those in the tank, you have two small units in the pump house one for case drain the other for the pilot system. Changing the fluid is not so easy if you mean to remove all existing fluid, this will involve splitting down cylinders and draining the cooler and valve chests other components such as central joint can hold significant amounts of fluid. One possibility that may be worth a try is to install temporary filter in the return line and try to clean up what you have, suggest you send a sample after to an oil lab ask they test for the likes of contamination - water content -viscosity ect. should give you an idea if it is serviceable. KR Uffex
Hi uffex Are the two small units in the pump house filters? Are they something I can clean or replace? Thanks
yes the filters need service from time to time
So they are located in the actual pump? I've traced the lines back from the drive motors and couldn't find any filters in line. Thanks again for all the help
U have my reply KR Uffex