I know i'm not moving dirt, but the trash has to go somewhere.
new ride Hi Tonka, saw the post you made just prior to starting on this new mount. What do you think of it? I take it from the pics that the trash is bailed and then trucked to you at a rail head, you load it into the train cars, is that a pile of car lids one row over? Neat set up but dont it get boring
Um i like it I will never get layed off, never have to stop in the winter months and the trash has to get dumped somewhere! Yes it does get boring but i got a radio and iPod. We also own everything, the transfer station, the the rail cars, the landfill, 60 flatbed trailers to bring us the trash. The only thing we dont own is the trucks that pull our trailers. Here is a link to our company http://www.esiwaste.com/index.html
That's the first time I've ever seen it baled like that. When it gets to the landfill, do they place the bales neatly, or just push them around and squash them up some more?
bales Digger I've seen pics of bales being stacked as a wall in a landfill. I think it was a C@t 345 with grab doing the stacking but cant remember off hand where I saw it.
I bet there is a lot of trash the comes from New York City! Probably a busy and steady job to have.:drinkup
I bet those bales will never end up in a landfill, most likely they will go to a power plant to get burned. Here in Norway nothing is considered waste anymore, it's resourses that are put back into use again. Hell, the paper and pulp plant that I work for are importing waste paper from the US! Comes to us in 40' containers where we blend it with our clean pulp and make liner quality paper with aprox 40% reused fiber.
yea they unload them put 6-8 on haul trucks and take them to the cell and break them open just like a regular landfill nope this is the first of its kind anywhere the bales are one off units from spain.... yep thats why i got into it.... nope there going to the landfill we own, actually we have 2 and we are building 2 more as we speak, and have 4 more balers being built
You only handle MSW? no C&D? I see you guys are going to open a new transfer station in Newark that will handle C&D do you know wht counties you will accept?
Are you saying the actual garbage in the bales is from Spain?
bales Sorry Tonka, :cool2 I wasn't dreaming. I've read an article somewhere in the last year and seen the pictures of bales being placed in a landfill site. I admit they were not wrapped in black plastic like yours and may not be same size. I think it must have been in Earthmovers magazine its the only thing I read with words and pictures HELP somebody else must have seen it
bales of trash is nothing new , I worked at a landfill 20 years ago and they hauled it in on flatbeds and we placed it on the floor of new cells before they started putting trash in to protect the liner from the compactors for the first lift.
opps the bailers are one off units from spain...haha
Ok. That makes sense. I know part of the high cost of landfill here in PA is that we're getting some shipped in from out your way. I'd hate to think you were taking it from overseas...
Bales Hi Tonka, thanks for those pics. Even if thats a A40 ADT in the pics, those bales are a lot smaller than the ones I saw. I think there were 2 bales on an adapted A25 ADT. Thats why they needed a 40t excavator to place them.
blue boxes baby yeah our baies are 6000lbs 4ft x 4ft x 8ft....
hey tonka that is really interesting ive never seen that before,,if you get a chance please post some more pics thanks
very neat
old pics
A little video i did today, hope you guys enjoy! http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/tonkatoys1/?action=view¤t=001-1.flv
Very nice! Are the trucks coming from onsite somewhere? I noticed the bales aren't tied down. Or is the DOT just very relaxed up there?
man nice video, also very thoughtful way of pushing that one bale up farther lol.
Tony Soprano could have got rid of some bodies and shifted some junk if he had access to that back then .
Yes they come from off site, they are straped down when they go over the road. The drivers unstrap around the corner, then come down to get offloaded haha that was a little tap.....lol Shhh Tony's my boss he will :guns me if i tell the real secrets
that almost sounds like how they do it at the scrap yards. haha that was a little tap.....lol well it was very thoughtful way of doin it because i would have never thought of a way to do that.
Makes for an efficent round trip for the railroads. As I would guess that the cars come to your area full of scrap, and head back full of trash. My question is, ever have a bale break? If so, who gets to clean up?
Those nicely wrapped bales should be covered with a layer of plastic and then dirt and the methane drawn from under the plastic for power generation . We do that in OZ at a big refuse station here , the rotting garbage produces a lot of Methane (so do our politicians ).
Well we own the railcars, 800 now and they only haul trash. Well the bales have 12 nylon straps wraped the length of the bales. I can see if those straps are broke before i pick up the bale,ifsee a broken bale i send it back for reprocessing! as for droped bales the operator that dropped it and the ground man clean it up. I have worked th with clean up
wow that went threw ^^^ disregard that! this is what i was trying to say. Well we own the railcars, 800 now and they only haul trash. Well the bales have 12 nylon straps wraped the length of the bales. I can see if those straps are broke before i pick up the bale, if i see a broken bale i send it back for reprocessing! As for droped bales the operator that dropped it and the ground man clean it up. I have worked here for over a year now and dropped only one bale on the ground.
My new Baby! Ok i got my new baby she's a Senneboggen 835R-HD she's the cadillac of material movers! It's also got a 1 of a kind custom built bale handler, built by builtrite handlers!
Here is some pics of the old 830 loading, i loved that one, but she's got 5000hrs on her clock!
Crane Tonka does that Whirley crane in the background belong to you guys, too?
Aw man thats not fair,........... the guy goes to all that trouble to show us his new mount complete with all singing and dancing purpose built grab and all you see is the ole crane in the background................Is it your outfits Tonka? Only kidding, nice machine. Is the new grab very different from your previous one, did they take feedback from you operators and alter the design at all? Has your old seat been traded or are you that busy you need two machines now?
:Banghead:Banghead No that crane isn't ours, i wish it was i would love to check it out closer! There's a dock next it and i think it used to unload ships in her hayday. I'l try to get some close up shots of her next week for you guys! Thanks for the flowers Rob:drinkup
Ok, whatsa "Senneboggen"? Obviously, the nifty looking green thing in the photos, but is it adapted into a material handler from a standard excavator or do they make it themselves lock stock and barrel? Or is it produced by cadillac and badged a Senneboggen?:tong Seriously, congrats on a fine looking machine!:drinkup
Well a Sennebogen is a German made MH ( www.sennebogen-na.com ) and yes there the cadillac of MH in IMHO becasue it a true MH. Not an excavator adapted with a taller cab, different boom and stick. Thanks for the flowers Dave, hows S.Jersey?
DART is open for buissiness!!!!! a lil vid onmy Co on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVeF8GMU3Bw
tonka what landfill do you work in
I don't work in a landfill i work at our new transfer station in Newark, DART(Doremus Ave Recycling and Transfer). I load baled garbage onto our railcars.