Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dirty rumor???Cat 414e IL discontinued?

dirtmonkey ยท 2011-12-02 06:56

Heard through the grape vine Cat may stop building the 414e IL skip loader? I dont want to start any rumors , just thought i would see what others have heard.

Replies6
  1. #1farm_boy2011-12-02 07:40

    As far as i know...yup this is true!

  2. #2FNick2011-12-04 15:49

    I heard that too so I'm guessing it's true

  3. #3DGODGR2011-12-04 16:34

    That's too bad. I used to use skip loaders every day. Ford 545, Case 480, and Deere 210. I do not use them much anymore though. I rented a Case 570 about six or seven years ago. That was the last time. I could use one on driveway and road repair but I find I either use the backhoe or skid steer since I own them and have more use for them. I don't even see very many of them since I moved to CO (from CA). I guess it's just a numbers game. I would think that it would be tough for Cat to catch up with Deere and Case in a tough economy. Especially when the other two have had such a head start.

  4. #4dirtmonkey2011-12-07 19:10

    What a shame, i was thinking about buying one :crying When i was ready to demo one i found out there was not one to be found. Even worse ,when i asked for one with a cab ,he said they have never seen one with a cab. Ive been real happy with my Cat dealer and sales man but I guess Ill try Deere.

  5. #5Maxed2012-05-24 13:47

    I have a 2000 model. Nothing but 3pt hitch problems. Its always just dropped since new.

  6. #6CM19952012-05-24 19:05

    Welcome to the Forums Maxed!:drinkup