Did a overview class at work with a rental guy to refresh us on telehandlers. He mentioned that they are discontinuing the Lull brand. That's really too bad I think, cause those are some good machines. I looked and I guess 2015 will be last year of production. I guess they built so many and they just aren't selling. I work in masonry, so I know the transverse in is very useful. Can never get good at running anything else where you have to use the boom to pull your forks out of a load. Had to run a Gradall once and I hated it, controls are just annoying. Hopefully the "older" Lulls are still around for me to use. I hate change lol. I don't even think there is anything else out there that compares to the Lull. That carriage in and out is a great feature.
I guess I'll chime in and say I love my 'ol blue. Bought her new in 1998 and still have her. Gradall 534D6, it's been a great machine but I am not and never was in the masonry business. It was mainly used in multi-family construction moving framing materials and other items around. It is a shame JLG is discontinuing the Lull line.
Yeah I totally hated having to use a Gradall one day. The fact you have to use the boom on everything just is tricky. Plus not used to the controls all on one stick I think it was or just opposite of what I am used to. They probably are useful when it is for certain things, but in my trade it is difficult.