Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Disposal: Late model CAT machines…Best Options?

ateen19 ยท 2024-03-28 17:10

For a guy looking to cycle out a late-model CAT Excavator and a Dozer - what do you guys see as the best disposal/selling Options and Why (easiest, most profitable, practical, reliable, best for taxes, etc.)? I've got some thoughts on it and see some pros and cons, but I figured id open it up to be sure we're not leaving any money or man hours on the table... What's worked best for you guys?

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2024-03-28 17:24

    The iron I've seen sell lately on purple wave was bringing big $$$. I don't know what their fee's are for sellers. There is a 10% buyers premium. I don't find as many deals as a buyer, on their auctions as I used to, but that's great for a seller.

  2. #2ateen192024-03-28 19:12

    Yeah I've seen the same from Purple Wave. They're here in my county actually. I like what they're doing, just wonder what ya'll think about other auctions compared to Purple Wave or even other options besides auctions?

  3. #3CM19952024-03-28 19:44

    What iron are you selling, brand, hours, condition and how long have you owned it? Did you take advantage of bonus depreciation the first year? Are you worried about recapture? There are a lot of factors that will be different for each company.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-03-30 02:15

    Your country appears to be the US. LoL

  5. #5CM19952024-03-30 09:23

    County - Purple Wave auctions is located in Manhattan, Kansas..

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-03-30 13:02

    Oops.