Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dissapointed in lack of vision on quick attach plate on Takeuchi TL 140, location of a/c relays?

69zfarmer ยท 2020-01-25 14:16

I just bought a TL 140 with a cab and a/c. When i change attachments i can't see the quick attach plate on the front. The step to get in the cab is right in the line of vision. I have a wiring diagram and it shows a compressor and a condensor fan relay. Where are they located? It also says it has a ambient temp. switch to keep a/c off under 38 degrees. I dont see it in the wiring diagram. If it is there where would it be located?

Replies15
  1. #169zfarmer2020-01-25 15:07

    I was looking at some pics. i took yesterday with the cab up. I think i may have found them under the cab as shown in pics. I am still having trouble finding ambient air temp switch. Which leads me to another question. What could i use to seal the square hole (in pics.) that the a/c and heater lines go through to the cab? Without a seal around these lines there will be alot of engine heat that will just go right to the evapator coil making the a/c not work as well.

  2. #2JD955SC2020-01-25 21:51

    You can get a rubbery tarlike stuff that comes in a roll like tape to smush in on the lines to seal them off in areas like that.

  3. #3skata2020-01-26 11:04

    Do you have the hydraulic quick attach? Or manual levers?

  4. #4heymccall2020-01-26 13:34

    If it has the RedDot system, there is only a thermocouple probe in the evaporator, like my TL150 and TB180FR machines. I've never seen an ambient temp sensor for the HVAC.

  5. #569zfarmer2020-01-26 18:07

    I have manual levers on attachment.

  6. #6skata2020-01-27 08:49

    Not sure what you're complaining about. I never thought I couldn't see the attachment plate.

  7. #769zfarmer2020-01-27 20:54

    Well i can't see mine. The top of the wedge shaped plate without any attachment on it.

  8. #8Mark132020-01-27 20:59

    You can't see it at all weather you lean forward, back, etc? I've only run my TL230, a TL250, TL150, and a Gehl CTL60 but I was able to see the quick attach plate in all of them if I moved around unless I had the arms in some weird position.

  9. #9skata2020-01-27 21:28

    You try leaning your head forward??

  10. #10Ronsii2020-01-27 23:34

    I've ran TL150's... don't remember any problem seeing the plate when changing things??? Maybe a booster seat or thick cushion...

  11. #11heymccall2020-01-27 23:35

    I recall looking thru the boom/ step void. Since the step isn't structural, take it off and see if that helps. If it does, modify your step, or fabricate a smaller one. Why for are you looking ac relays and temp sensor? What's not working?

  12. #1269zfarmer2020-01-28 06:39

    OK let me leave this vision problem along. lol. I can live with it. I will need you guy's knowledge for later problems. heymccall, I have a intermediate problem with the a/c. When i have they key on (engine not running) when the a/c fans are turned on they run all the time like they are supposed to. But when i press the a/c button to make compressor and condenser fan come on. Sometimes it works but most of the time nothing. That is why i was looking for a ambient air switch. The operators manual on page 163 says "The a/c will not function if the temperature in the cab is 38 degrees or lower". The temp has been above that all the times i have checked it.

  13. #13heymccall2020-01-28 08:15

    I've had nothing but issues with that blue AC button. On 8 Takeuchis here, I've probably changed 20 buttons total.

  14. #14Bls repair2020-02-06 22:07

    You need to switch to winter air summer heat system.

  15. #1569zfarmer2020-02-06 22:38

    Bls, It would be easier if i done that for sure.