Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ditch Witch V-30

Dion Cooke ยท 2021-06-21 01:22

Hi all I have an old Ditch Witch V-30 with a blown rear differential. It's a Ford diff but I'm having some issues finding out exactly what is compatible. I'm in Australia. The shop I've engaged believe it's from a Ford Trader truck but they're not sure. Can anyone help please? Thankyou.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2021-06-25 00:19

    Toro bought Ditch Witch so they may have a parts list and/or parts available. I know where there's an old V-30 including a backhoe attachment but it's not mine and I'm in Canada. It was stored at my acreage for several years but when I moved I took it to a farmer friends. I don't have too much to do with that so called friend much anymore. I also had an old GMC truck with a rebuilt engine stored for another friend that was basically abandoned. I worked with a guy looking to put a big block in his old GM pick up. So called friend and he wanted $1000 for the complete truck and never offered me a dime. It had only been at his place for about a year. I did a lot of free welding and helping him and his brother do a lot of repairs over the years. I lost out on the truck but they really lost out on getting help from me anymore. The other brother who passed away bought a JD track loader off me. It had a problem with the drive and I think I had an idea what was wrong but sorry not offering any help. Told him to call the JD dealer.

  2. #2Pony2021-06-25 00:44

    I don't think many parts are available for the Ditch Witch's anymore. I don't know specifics, but a neighbour of mine broke something in his years ago and couldn't get parts. It's been sitting in the paddock ever since . Where abouts are you, would you be in interested in a complete non running machine? I can ask the neighbour for some details of the machine if you're interested. I don't know if he'd sell it but it never hurts to ask. I'm southern central Queensland.

  3. #3Welder Dave2021-06-25 11:14

    I'm in Alberta Canada but unfortunately the Ditch Witch won't be an option. I'm in no condition to be able to do anything with it and the owner of the farm wouldn't be much help as well as wanting a ridiculous price. He is the cheapest guy I've ever known! He's done some things to help me but when it comes to money he's very tight. The V-30 was popular in it's day. I wonder if there's sites like machinery trader or just doing an internet search might find a parts machine or individual parts?