I don't do much, if any dirt work these days but I had a request for some clearing/straightening of ditches on a customer's property. I was a very small job that was very close to home so it was a good time to try using the ditching bucket that I purchased for the Menzi. This bucket, combined with the Roto-tilt, allowed me to cut a tapered ditch AND grade out the spoils in a single pass. It was really efficient. It might have become closer to perfect if I used the laser but this was just to reclaim some filled in ditches. With the Roto-tilt, I am able to use the wings of the bucket to grade out the top shoulder of the ditch and spread the soils into a smooth grade for easy maintenance cuttings. NO spoil piles, no wasted time, only 1 pass required and I was able to fill in my tire ruts as I worked through the swampy sections. I'm really impressed with this combo. I actually paid more for the shipping than I did for the bucket that I scored at an online auction a few years back. It was a worthy investment even if I only end up using it once in a great while.
We pretty much only use the flat grading style bucket just because it has seemed most versatile. Most of the work we do has too much chaos attached to try a V bucket. They both work, but if we got a guy on the tilt rotator I’m probably gonna make him do 12 different things while he’s doing a ditch and so we use the buckets that hold more and are easier to grade with. As long as there not expensive and you got an efficient way at moving em around it pays to have both but for us the machine rarely sees another bucket/ attachment.