Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

diverter valve on stick

ianjoub ยท 2026-08-03 09:12

I am adding a hydraulic thumb and hammer to my EC480. I want to add the block that bolts to the stick where the hydraulic lines come in from the boom. It has a valve and 2 outlets so I can leave the thumb hooked up but attach the hammer lines as needed. What is that block/valve called? I have a hydraulic shop close to the machine to try to source it, or is there an online vendor anyone is aware of? These need to handle up to 300gpm flow.

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2026-08-03 09:37

    I don't know it by any other name than diverter valve. I would say, to make sure your excavator has the ability to adjust from one way to two way aux flow. It likely does have that, but some of those bigger machines are set up to dig and not much else. Also make sure if your sharing a one line aux. system that the pressure to the line is set low enough to allow the thumb to give to the bucket. That will also force the breaker to run off the same pressure setting, unless you have the ability to change the pressure setting from the console, or manually change the pressure setting which isn't real practical.

  2. #2ianjoub2026-08-03 10:51

    Thanks for this. Volvo EC480dl. I can set pressure and flow rate for different work tools and then pick the one I am using from the user interface in the cab.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2026-08-03 12:39

    AKA 3 way ball valve. Do you mean 300 liters per minute ?

  4. #4ianjoub2026-08-03 12:45

    Yes, Liters, sorry. I found Stucchi once KSSS gave me the search term!