Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DIY Quick attach Options

indigo ยท 2018-10-28 20:58

I am thinking of building a quick attch for my hitachi ex120-5. I was wondering if there is a ''standard'' system or is it specific to each manufacturer of system ex: brandt, geith, kenco etc? Is there a specific geometry for 12 t excavator for the quick attach system that must be followed? I am leaning more towards a system with the ''wedge bolt'' like the one on the picture rather than the pin grabber to keep geometry closer to oem as much as possible. So far, I only have one bucket but planning on building a ditching/grading bucket and the one bucket I have will need bushings/pins so might as well plan ahead and invest where it matters. This is a winter project for next spring and have access to 3d drawing, cutter and welder etc. If needed, I can copy the dimesnisons form an existing system.

Replies3
  1. #1200lc12018-10-29 10:40

    If it were me, I'd buy or copy a popular system available in your area. Online, or local Equipment auctions are a pretty cheap place to get attachments, seems to only be a handful of common systems. No use wasting energy designing a custom one, when these manufacturers have done the leg work already. My 2 cents

  2. #2indigo2018-10-29 12:43

    Yes it is a good idea. I will see what is available used in my area.

  3. #3uffex2018-10-29 14:51

    Good day There have been a few case's of attachments breaking loose being responsible for that needs very brave individual, you can find used couplers and buckets on line easily but there are a few pointers hat are worth taking on board. kind regards Uffex