Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DIY ripper for mini ex

maddog ยท 2014-05-06 18:31

Anyone here ever build their own ripper(frost/root) for their mini ex. I plan to build one for mine just wondering about ideas? Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1lectro882014-05-06 21:35

    Let me look in old threads. There is a pretty good one if memory is right

  2. #2lectro882014-05-06 21:46

    Yes there are several in the archives. Page 2. " I think I need to make a ripper saw " Using key words for search.

  3. #3maddog2014-05-07 11:51

    okay thanks I'll check it out

  4. #4Ropinghorns2014-05-10 08:52

    I just made one for my Kubota kx 121-3 mini ex. Not a bad idea for ripping tree roots and rocks.

  5. #5bmckenzie2014-05-10 09:58

    I also just had one made, fits the wain / roy style q/c . Its made out of an old ripper shank that's 24" long. cant wait to use it on some old stumps. would post a pict if I knew how!

  6. #6maddog2014-05-19 12:50

    I was in tractor supply and they had a ripper on sale looked like it might make a fair start to a DIY build. http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...ory_rn=&top_category=&urlLangId=&cm_vc=-10005

  7. #7lumberjack2014-05-19 13:25

    I have Kubota's for my KX057. I can post some pictures if that would help.

  8. #8maddog2014-05-19 19:01

    Thanks Lumberjack, I can't build my ripper for a couple of months yet, just doing some planning and searching.

  9. #9jack3452014-05-19 23:25

    Would be great if you could post some pictures when you have time. Been think about one for my Kx. Thanks.

  10. #10lumberjack2014-05-19 23:55

    Sure thing. I should be around it sometime tomorrow I believe.