Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Do I have to go back to dealer for filter replacements on ’08 NH L190?

Grit · 2014-03-20 17:24

I am planning on replacing all fluids and filters in my New Holland L190 and was curious if I had to go back to the dealer for these or is there another place I can go to get them? I will be looking to replace the engine oil filter, engine air filter, hydraulic oil filter and fuel filter. Is there a cheaper place to get these or should I stick with OEM products? I was definitely going to get the fluids somewhere else besides the dealer, but didn't know about the filters. Thanks for any help!

Replies27
  1. #1Delmer2014-03-20 17:58

    You could check filterspro.com Not the easiest website to navigate, but they have a lot of filters and good prices.

  2. #2CM19952014-03-20 18:45

    Check your local Baldwin dealer they should be able to cross reference your factory filter numbers.

  3. #3willie592014-03-20 20:23

    What's the PIN number for your machine?

  4. #4Grit2014-03-20 21:03

    Thanks, guys. Hi, willie. PIN number?

  5. #5willie592014-03-20 21:16

    Product Identification Number on the ID plate. There's a serial number break in the parts catalog.

  6. #6Grit2014-03-20 21:30

    Sorry about that, willie. I had that written down as a serial number. PIN# N8M498432 I appreciate the help!

  7. #7willie592014-03-20 21:31

    BTW, you should make a note of the PIN number in your cell phone. Anytime you visit the dealer for a part they're gonna ask you for that PIN #.

  8. #8Grit2014-03-20 21:43

    Good idea, thank you.

  9. #9willie592014-03-20 22:05

    New Holland Wix Baldwin primary air 86982524 46562 RS3544 sec air 86982524 46569 RS3545 inline fuel 87548612 NA BF9905 spin on fuel 47135706 33472 BF5587D oil 87492721 NA NA hyd (standard) 87010592 51496 BT8853-MPG hyd (hi-flow) 87430661 NA NA Looks like you're going back to the dealer for engine oil and hi flow filter (if your machine is hi flow)

  10. #10willie592014-03-20 22:07

    The forum format messed up my spacing. First number is New Holland 86982524, second number is Wix alternative 46562, third number is Baldwin alternative. RS3544

  11. #11Grit2014-03-20 22:25

    Thanks, Willie! No hi flow. primary air= engine air filter? sec air? inline fuel? spin on fuel= fuel filter? oil= engine oil (standard flow)? hyd (standard)= hydraulic oil filter? I'm sorry, I don't know what all the abbr are? I'm kinda new to this stuff. I appreciate all of your help. You are saving me a ton of time and work. Isn't the wix an auto parts store brand?

  12. #12CM19952014-03-21 06:36

    You will have an inner air filter and an outer air filter, should be one inside the other. The inner is secondary and outer is primary. The inline filter I'm not familiar with on this machine, Willie will have to point you in the right direction. Spin on fuel is your fuel filter, plus in the inline one. Your engine oil filter should be the same for standard and hi flow machines. I would highly suggest using a Baldwin dealer like Fleetpride (Komatsu dealer here sells Baldwin) or another commercial retail outfit. It's the luck of the draw dealing with big box auto parts stores whether they have it or there's a person behind the counter coherent enough to find it, if the store even has it.

  13. #13Grit2014-03-21 10:26

    Hey, thanks so much, DFC! That answers some more of my questions. Little by little I am getting them answered, thanks to you guys. Thanks again!

  14. #14eric122014-03-21 10:50

    the wix numbers also are napa numbers, just use the last 4 numbers instead of the whole thing like a 46562 is a napa 6562 if you have a store near by. but call and see what the price difference is if there is any, for my mini excavator komatsu is cheaper than napa by a little bit.

  15. #15Grit2014-03-21 11:04

    Thanks, eric!

  16. #16Grit2014-03-21 11:12

    Without opening a new thread I thought I would ask an unrelated question. In my operators manual, it says to use a 50/50 mix of ethylene glycol coolant in the radiator. Is that the same as the old Preston "green" coolant that you mix with water?

  17. #17CRAFT2014-03-21 11:49

    CM : those machines had an inline fuel filter (same ones we used for years held with hose clamps in the fuel line), right where the fuel line came out of the tank usually located left side of machine front of the engine, kinda on top of the battery before it went into the main filter which also has a manual primer pump on it …… tonns of fun when the machine dies with a clogged filter and the massive Boom is down in the way, almost as much fun as having a dead battery …..open tail gate …..lift top screened lid, lock in place ….. lift side panel up and out the back …… unbolt a 90* bottom panel (which has the buttons to hold said removed top panel) ….. now attempt to go past the boom with jumper cable clamps delicately trying NOT to short out with the Aluminum/tin inline fuel-filter above …….. "YUP" …. been there done that ! …… In my next episode rant, will include 4-starting motors that grenaded located in the same spot above the battery ….. with the boom up high enough to not able to open the door to have to get my fat A** out the back window ……. later ……. cheers

  18. #18Grit2014-03-21 13:29

    Ooops I meant CM not DFC (Diesel Fried Chicken). LOL

  19. #19CM19952014-03-21 18:30

    LOL, got it Craft. The only engines I have that use those inline filters are the small gas powered stuff. One in the same, you should hear what the other Mods call me - that Digger's a meanie.. Fried chicken and gasoline - http://www.last.fm/music/Southern+Culture+On+The+Skids/_/Fried+Chicken+And+Gasoline :tong

  20. #20kshansen2014-03-21 18:51

    Checked Donaldson here for the two not crossed and come up empty too, sorry!

  21. #21willie592014-03-21 18:59

    Yes, ethylene glycol is the old school green stuff.

  22. #22CRAFT2014-03-21 19:11

    I was more thinking of back when u'd find it on the top of any Chevy or Ford V-8 with a carb ….. LOL

  23. #23kshansen2014-03-21 20:43

    Actually even the red extended life coolant is ethylene glycol based acording to the MSDS: http://msdspds.castrol.com/ussds/amersdsf.nsf/Files/ECACD2ADE0A98D9C80257A0600527016/$File/124607Castrol%2050_50%20Extended%20Life%20Coolant.pdf But unless the manual gets very specific about what to use I would agree the good old green stuff should be good to go. Just don't store it in a Gator Aid bottle, I've heard bad stories about that.

  24. #24Grit2014-03-21 22:24

    I don't know why that struck me as funny, but it did. LOL. I'll heed that advice!

  25. #25Grit2014-03-21 22:26

    Thank you, sir!

  26. #26Grit2014-03-21 22:29

    Catchy song. Oh how I miss the way things used to be!

  27. #27kshansen2014-03-22 09:36

    To quote from the MSDS: "The estimated human lethal dose is approximately 1 ml/kg (about 1/2 cup for an adult) " I see the link to the MSDS does not work but you should be able to start here: http://msdspds.castrol.com/ Then when you get to the product page just enter "Coolant" that will take you to a list of different coolants. It takes some digging to get important info out of some MSDS forms but worth checking them out. What you don't know can kill you or cause serious problems. Wish the were wrote by mechanics and NOT lawyers!