I have a Takeuchi TB175 that a rat chewed three 3 of the low pressure pilot control hoses to. The one from the boom swing foot pedal to the "brain." One from the pattern changer to joystick. One from track controls to joystick. All functions seem to work except the foot pedal that swings the boom. When depressed nothing happens. However if I am using the joystick at the same time it pushes it to neutral and the joystick is unmovable. Do I need to bleed the system? I'm wondering if because air is compressible perhaps it can't activate a valve in the brain somehow and so there's a connection that is just not opening? I have not tried walking it outside and being aggressive with the controls because I don't want to damage anything. I was under the impression that you could simply cycle controls and it would push the air out however maybe that is not true for pilot controls? Thanks everyone.
So the solution ended up being two of the lines got reversed and that's why the joystick was locked up so this happens to anybody else it's probably a switched line.
That makes sense haha..was gonna say dont think most hose changeouts dont require bleeding..did three or four pilot hoses last fall and installed them all dry..on a EX120 by the way. .