Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Do I need to change Case 580 Super M Transmission Internal Filter

Blueacre ยท 2019-04-29 19:00

I bought a Case 580 Super M a few weeks ago. Getting ready to do a full oil and filter change for the engine, transmission and hydraulics. It is a manual transmission model with shuttle. Machine has 7800 hours on it - not sure when the last service was done on it. I have ordered the spin on oil filters for the engine, transmission and hydraulic system. I read somewhere that there is also an internal filter for the transmission. I couldn't find much info on service intervals and how it is replaced. Is this something I should be changing ?

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-04-29 19:50

    This is a series II SM diagram. go here to get access to the part book. https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...=EN&currency=#epc::mr59457ar337150bi1322199-8

  2. #2alrman2019-04-29 20:56

    The internal filter is a washable screen - it should be inspected & cleaned at each transmission oil change service interval - 1000hrs

  3. #3Blueacre2019-05-05 19:35

    thanks alrman for the info on the internal transmission screen - will be changing oil next week and will clean the screen.