Are there any skid steer/track loaders with provision for rear tow or lift?
My ASV has a factory reciever hitch front and rear
That' s for towing the ASV,not it towing something else
Actually, it's a towing feature that's been used by ASV for many years. The original design ASV (All Season Vehicle) was designed for a multitude of tasks, not just a front track loader, they were designed to be used as a pulling tractor as well. The loader arms were designed to be quickly unbolted from the frame, hoses had quick connects, remove the loader and you now have a pulling tractor. You could pull using the rear receiver with engine behind you, or you could turn the seat around, use the reciever on loader end of machine, and pull with the engine in front of you. Haven't seen one of those models for a few years.
Call me crazy but I want to try rigging up a tailgate spreader behind a skidloader for awhile.
Why not just weld one on. You will probably have to modify the back door or make it removable so as not to catch on ramps.
Crazy
Sounds like a deccent idea but im afraid id back into something and crush the whole spreader. Heres a thought mount it the the top edge of the bucket with the bucket tilted vertical so to act as a shield for the operator. That should be simple enough and not as likely to crush a spreader. Crazy is plowing snow for 10hrs straight in an open cab and no heat temps just below freezing. How many times has that been done.
So do have a drawbar as an option. My 75xt does anyway. I can see the rear mount being more useful, so you can push snow and spead salt at the same time, for example.
I'm trying to figure out a decent skidloader setup for complete snow removal/salting. My house is centrally located in town four blocks from downtown. My garage would make a very nice base for alot of snowplowing with in a mile area. I'm not saying I've sold myself on this idea but I'd much rather not touch a plow truck unless I can get a 550 size with a true tailgate spreader and dump. Keeping salt staged around the route would be necessary. All this said I realize the majority of the work is just salting and keeping lanes clear.