People use different methods to determine the Owning and Operating cost per hour of their Heavy Equipment. In about 60 seconds, you can find out how you compare to other people who have taken this survey. When you are finished, you will instantly see the results of this short survey. Click Here No Name or ID is collected.
I didn't see any results.
Form Fixed Now Thanks Rino1494. I missed clicking a command check box. It is fixed now. Please retake survey. Dan
Works now
My hourly operating costs get lower the more I use the machine if you consider initial cost. The hours used per year are the unknown.
Right on jmac. This is why contractors who really want to know their costs start off the year (or next 12 months) with an estimate or forecast based on current conditions. We have a tool that will track the hours on a machine when fueled or every week, if you like. We use this to project what will happen over the next 12 months if business continues like it has been running. I normally suggest to clients that they adjust their forecast every month or every quarter. This data also used to for Productivity Variance reports. This lets clients know what machines need to be sold or bought. "The sooner you close the barn door or gate, the less stock you loose." You do not want to wait until year end to to find out that you 750 hour forecast, should have been 325 hours. Dan More info? (Click Here)
That would be good for a company that owns too many to keep track of. I know what machines I don't use enough.:Banghead All of them!