Do you polish your own wheels or have them done? If so what do you pay . Normally I send my trucks down to 4states trucks "chrome shop mafia" when I buy a new to me rig but here lately my shop hand has started doing it himself, and have had a few local guys want theirs done as well. It takes him about 15-45min per wheel depending how bad they are here is one start to finish. I'm not sure what order they will load in but the process goes. acid, sanding, rough cut, mid cut, color. Also one of a fuel tank on a old Pete Pj
A couple more. We painted the Pete yesterday still need to put it back together, I am not happy with the black stripe down the side we may end up reprinting the sides before it's all done I am hoping that the breathers and mirrors etc will break it up a little bit. Still have a long way to go on it but hopefully will be done this week. Last couple is of my w9. I definatly like the looks of the w9 better Pj
its amazing what a little shine on the tanks wheels and tool boxes will do for an old truck. I don't do it in house, theres a Hispanic feller that does such a good job for such a decent price that it doesn't make sense for me to even try
20 mins each with a 40$ buffer and wheel polish got my wheels similar before and after. Don't know why I bothered though, it doesn't last long on a work truck. Almost as smart as wiping before pooping!
PJ, the Pete is looking nice, a little elbow grease and paint really brings the rig to a shine. Nice job!
PJ if my shop hand (if I had one ) could that good of job, I think I would open up a side business. Looks good!
Once you polish out the aluminum , you should seal it with paint sealant and treat the poisoned aluminum as if it was automotive paint. Meaning the get washed with car wash shampoo, not aluma-brite or wheel cleaner. A couple of coats of wax and your set. It's good protection, if your paying to have them polished might as well go a little further to keep them lookin good longer. I use Adams polishes for all my detailing supplies, they have good customer service, made in the USA and they have a forum www.adamsforums.com .
I figured the polish was wax, shows how much I know! I had some photos but I can't seem to find them now. I put those chrome caps over the lugs... Frigging things aren't even 6 months old and are already rusting!
Valley After you polish, you use the sealant, then if you want brilliant glaze, which is basically melt your face off liquid shine in a bottle, then the last step is the wax
Go online to Esley Truck Parts (Truck Chrome), they have stainless steel covers for probably less than you're paying locally for the cheap ones. Kinda handy for me, their shop is between me and Harbor Freight.......
He seals them with "mojo" sealent but I am not sure if he's tried turtlewax I'll run it by him. CM it's funny you say at because last night he asked if he could use the box trailer and do a little mobile polishing...... I'll take a cut of course lol Pj