Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Do you think this is legit for a 2005 Case?

ronnald ยท 2014-09-20 16:56

Wanting to buy a backhoe for ranch use, but not sure if this one is legit. Thanks for your help. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/hvd/4677396164.html

Replies9
  1. #1mitch5042014-09-20 17:32

    No, probably not. Way to cheap

  2. #2ronnald2014-09-20 17:39

    I was thinking the same thing. Google shows a previous flagged ad under that number. So how is this guy getting away with something like this? I'm assuming the machine is stolen. Would serial number check be able to identify a stolen machine?

  3. #3Delmer2014-09-20 18:19

    Usually when they're that cheap, the picture was taken in TX even though it claims to be in the the city, never a town near the one that has it's own craigslist, and the contact is a gmail address, and they'll try to scam you any way they can.

  4. #4Deere500a2014-09-20 21:14

    Sfbay CL that hoe has been listed daily with a new text number each time & a 87 Ford f250.

  5. #5ronnald2014-09-20 22:11

    Here is the same picture: http://www.ironmartonline.com/case-580-super-m-ii-loader-backhoe/ I would have to conclude this is some sort of scam.

  6. #6one6pk2go2014-09-20 22:17

    probally i was looking at a 2008 case 160 for $9000 she has moved to paraguay

  7. #7mitch5042014-09-20 23:05

    wonder if she took the 160 with her in her carry-on bag?

  8. #8grandpa2014-09-20 23:11

    Maybe you need to do a cavity search Mitch....:falldownlaugh

  9. #9clintm2014-09-21 22:46

    that scam keeps poping up here I flag iras soon as i see it