Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dodge bighorn

hiluxman · 2011-05-30 10:41

has anyone seen a Dodge bighorn before i have one and was wondering can it pull a lowloader from today our just a old one from the 70s its cool to see a new cat 320dl behind a 1970s truck

Replies19
  1. #12stickbill2011-05-30 12:13

    Used to work for a man that had one.It would pull anything we hooked to it.The Bighorn was the same as any other truck.Better keep yours' in tip top shape they are worth more money now than when bought new.Not many built and some are restoring them.Search for Bighorn on the web and you will be surprised at the Truck.

  2. #2hiluxman2011-05-30 22:55

    The reason it may not tow a new trailer is the 5th wheel may be different snice the truck is 30 years old

  3. #32stickbill2011-05-30 23:00

    Same 5th wheel back then as now.But I would check it for wear and tear.Check king pin lock.

  4. #4Clawed Backster2011-06-06 00:01

    No picture?

  5. #5JTL2011-06-12 23:35

    Is this a Bighorn? Saw it at the Oregon Logging Confrence a couple years ago.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2011-06-12 23:38

    Yup, that's it!

  7. #7invisabledog2012-01-08 16:49

    Would love to have one of those.

  8. #8gdonovan2012-05-26 07:35

    I have seen a few at the shop but that was years ago, place is out of business now =(

  9. #9Axle2012-05-27 16:42

    Specs and brochure can be found here; http://www.olddodges.com/bighorn.htm Alex.

  10. #10stretch2012-09-28 22:12

    The Golden Age of Trucking Museum in Middlebury, CT had a '74 CNT950 before they closed. I wonder where it ended up.

  11. #11ChrisBIGDoer2012-10-16 11:48

    I found a Dodge Bighorn in a yard in Airdire Alberta Canada. http://www.bigdoer.com/1409/old-things/old-trucks-on-a-dreary-day/ Chris “BIGDoer” Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path. Hiking - Adventure - History - Exploration http://www.bigdoer.com

  12. #12ben46a2012-10-23 20:58

    Name of the yard? I want that orange bighorn in a bad way, that's been our company color for 60 years.

  13. #13ChrisBIGDoer2012-10-24 10:52

    This truck is not in the town I live in, so it may be hard to find out who owns it. Last time I was only able to visit on a Sunday and no one was around, nor were there any signs or phone numbers at the place. If you go to my website and message me, I can show you where it is though. Chris “BIGDoer” We invite your comments either here or on our website. Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path. Hiking - Adventure - History - Exploration http://www.bigdoer.com

  14. #14TozziWelding2012-10-26 17:11

    Here is one from the ATHS show in Hudson MA from over the summer.

  15. #15ChrisBIGDoer2012-10-26 18:55

    I can post pics now - the Bighorn I found...... Chris “BIGDoer” We invite your comments either here or on our website. Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path. Hiking - Adventure - History - Exploration http://www.bigdoer.com

  16. #16renaud2014-07-16 22:18

    This outfit has a restored 1975 Bighorn. I don't think it is for sale; it seems like they keep it as a collective or sentimental value..... http://www.makkinga.ca/article/restored-1975-dodge-big-horn-111.asp Regards. Max.

  17. #17crusher guy2015-03-03 20:40
  18. #18lantraxco2015-03-03 21:08

    And the corner of a cab forward photobombing that last pic, loved those. Look how small the cabs are, and the short windshields!

  19. #19RonG2015-03-04 03:55

    The cut of the windshield is what makes that truck,it just goes with everything else on it.The whole cab looks like it was torqued up during a heavy start,you are just waiting for it to come down again.Ron G