Does anyone know where to find some parts for old Dodge's?
I have a 77 D800 found its mate in wrecking yard ,purchased it for parts been well worth having. Are you looking body parts or stuff that "C" only, as most of drive train switches with other trucks of similar years. Both of mine were made in Canada and have different trans & R axle only 2 numbers off on serial number must have come down assy line right next to one another. As you may be aware 77 was last year for Dodge truck production .
Just trying to find out if anyone has any good interior or body parts.What engine does your truck have?Trans?I don't know much about the 555 Cummins that is in the one I am looking at but most people say they are sorry,but people say that about a lot of engines that have done well in the right hands.
You mean the "triple nickel" Cummins V8 ? The boss bought a Versatile tractor once with one in it. Not a great amount of power, had a voracious appetite for camshaft followers. We pulled it out and replaced it with an NTC 350 horse Cummins.
I wonder how hard it would be to re-power a Dodge 800 with a L-10 Cummins?It has a 555 and a 5-speed with 4-speed aux.I have got a L10 with Fuller 9-speed.
Both of my D800's have 413's and 5 speeds one is a Fuller, axles Eaton, one has air 2 speed the other is electric .I think they were cleaning out inventory in later days of production and anything they had on shelf that would make a truck was used.
Jack do you know where I could find some interior parts?
You might want to check the CPL closely on that Cummins, many of the V8 engines that ended up in those D series Dodges were in fact 504's instead of triple nickles. already underpowered any way, the 504 was 26 hp less than the 555. The swap may be complicated a bit, it could be done though. Not sure of the length of the l-10 but you may have to lengthen the tunnel to the rear? and it has a LOT of radiator stuffed into a small area. Throttle linkages and Air Compressor lines will have to be relocated as well. We had a D800 at our fire department that we turned back to the Government but, had acquired a Cat v8 to change it out. However it was a 3208 NA marine that would have only gained 6 hp.
Does the "C" stand for cab over? Mine has standard cab and most of older pick up cab parts interchange, I just had new windshield put in and its the same glass for several yrs pickup & truck. On the "C" series did any on the vans match interior? Didn't think Dodge had too many changes back in 70's as they trying to save money on there truck line up. Will check on a place that may have some parts but freight would be big $ from Montana.