Hi everybody, i am thinking about buying an old wheel loader and i have seen one i could afford but i dont know which model it is and the seller still hasnt replied to my messages. Could someone help and identify the model. Please see the pics, it is from 60/70s and from the 9series if i am not mistaking.
Cat 944 I think
Thanks for your post!
The 922 944 and 966 from that era all look similar. I’m guessing based on the size of the tires. If you can provide the serial number I’m sure someone can tell you exactly the model and year.
They indeed all look the same. I asked the seller for the serial number but he hasnt responded yet. The 922 has my prefference
Looks like a 944 to me.
Does it have a turbocharger? A quick look online seems to indicate one difference between the 922 and 944 is the 944 has the turbocharged version of the D330 four cylinder engine.
That's true, only the very late production 944's had the D330c and they did away with the turbo for the same h.p. (the one in the pic above is a non turbo 77J series '69 build).